Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was changing my brake pads out for the first time today and managed to break one of the round pressure plates that attaches to the caliper. It was glued to the OEM pad and when prying loose the center part snapped off (see picture below, with a normal plate and the broken one).

Two questions:
1. Are these plates important? I've seen a few people reference installing pads without them (I think). If it matters, I'm installing Pagid Yellows for the track. I'll probably swap back to OEM later.

2. Assuming the answer to #1 is yes, does anyone have a part number so I can get a replacement?

Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks.. should have thought to search for other threads once I figured out the real name of the part. Sounds like I don't need them with the track pads, but may want to get some replacements when I move back to street. Thanks again for the pointer.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I don't use them on my street pads and have no noise issues which is the only real issue. Others have indicated some noise.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Pelican parts also sells the rear dampers in single quantity. My local dealer wasn't able to find a number for them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pelican parts also sells the rear dampers in single quantity. My local dealer wasn't able to find a number for them.

Thanks, I found it on there: 996-352-086-02-M260 (for anyone else who's looking)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts