Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made the mistake of loading a new COBB map and deleted my old map...need to get back to my old map. I am looking specifically for the 2014-2016 Porsche Cayman S (981) / 2013-2016 Porsche Boxster S (981) Stage 2 Map, 93 OCT/98 RON, v2.02 map. Please email it to me.

Thanks a ton!

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I made the mistake of loading a new COBB map and deleted my old map...need to get back to my old map. I am looking specifically for the 2014-2016 Porsche Cayman S (981) / 2013-2016 Porsche Boxster S (981) Stage 2 Map, 93 OCT/98 RON, v2.02 map. Please email it to me.

Thanks a ton!
All the stock maps are available for download directly on the Cobb website: https://www.cobbtuning.com/maps Each Cobb device is serial number and single car specific. I'm not even sure if you could use a map from someone else device or not?

Also, if I recall correctly there is a menu function directly on the Cobb device to restore all factory maps

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The situation at Cobb has changed. Any OTF COBB tune can be loaded on any Accessport and then loaded on to a vehicle. The Accessport is "registered" to a specific VIN but the tunes are not "tied or registered" to a specific Accessport or vehicle. The old tunes are gone from the COBB download site never to return only the new tunes are available.

The issue is that the 2.03 tune is no bueno if you have race headers.

·
Registered
39 Posts

Thanks a ton!
Did you ever get the v2.02 map you were looking for? I'm in the exact same situation as you, and am bummed I don't have the old versions saved. Would love to get the file from you if you have it. I have a 2013 Boxster S, and need Stage 2. Thank you.

Josh

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I checked my PC, and I have a copy of all of the v200 OTS maps saved. The only v2.02 maps I can find are my PDK maps which were added later

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was able to get the map from an old computer that I originally downloaded the file on. You would still be out of luck as I have a Cayman and it looks like you have a boxster - yes they have different map id's - silly I know.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I was able to get the map from an old computer that I originally downloaded the file on. You would still be out of luck as I have a Cayman and it looks like you have a boxster - yes they have different map id's - silly I know.
Thank you for checking and the reply...

·
Registered
2014 Boxster S, Racing Yellow
709 Posts
The Boxster/Cayman use the same map. I also have the 2.0 maps and links to download the v2.0 map ptp files are still active in my profile on the Cobb web site.

Curious, what's different in the 2.02 maps from 2.03?

Did you ask Cobb support?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Any map that is presently available for download from Cobb eliminates the ability to ignore the secondary O2 sensor which triggers a CEL if you run race headers

·
Registered
2014 Boxster S, Racing Yellow
709 Posts
Now I think we know why... Project Green Speed - COBB Tuning

I wonder if they got sued by the state of CA over emission issues. I know EPA has been cracking down on some of the tuning activities as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts