Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Previously I believed I had a head gasket issue, but thanks to this forum I went in and checked my innards and found this line leaking oil.

Can anyone tell me what this line is? I'm really hoping this is the source of the issue and nothing else. My pulleys and water pump (from what I see) have no play and the belts fine.

Auto part Engine
Automotive exhaust Exhaust system Auto part Pipe
Auto part Automotive fuel system Fuel line Engine Automotive engine part

·
Registered
89 Posts
That line looks like it migrated. I don't think it should be in that spot. It looks similar to the crankcase vent line going to the AOS from the FRONT DRIVERS Side of the Head. that line is VERY FRAGILE. if you've replaced your AOS at some point and the lines were fiddled with its possible the line snapped. the hose is made extremely thin.

As for you thinking about your head gasket: check your fluids for mixing of oil/coolant and over excessive smoke out the tailpipe during normal operating temp.

if it is what i assume it is. you may need to open the front engine cover behind the seats as well as the top engine cover.
remove intake snorkel and hopefully you find your problem, under that intake snorkel. you should only need a flat head to remove that intake snorkel if my memory serves me right.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you so much for the replies.

I currently have the front engine cover and top cover off at the moment. I have large amounts of white smoke exiting the exhaust pipe (and a little bit of watery like oil in a small pool in the exhaust)
I do not know if I have had the AOS changed out but the car was under certified warranty at about 60,000 miles (now at 95000).

Can you recommend a good article or what to search for disassembly?

·
Registered
574 Posts
Where are you in Texas?

·
Registered
574 Posts
Thank you so much for the replies.

I currently have the front engine cover and top cover off at the moment. I have large amounts of white smoke exiting the exhaust pipe (and a little bit of watery like oil in a small pool in the exhaust)
I do not know if I have had the AOS changed out but the car was under certified warranty at about 60,000 miles (now at 95000).

Can you recommend a good article or what to search for disassembly?
This article may be helpful:

http://www.planet-9.com/reviews/cay...d-with-porsche-motorsports-oil-seperator.html

·
Registered
89 Posts
fixing this line is as simple as finding the point at which it connects and visiting pelican parts for part numbers or a purchase of the factory hose part with connectors. the connectors pop out pretty easily. pix show what i did to eliminate the AOS all together.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.