Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering buying a local 2006 Cayman S but I've not seen rims this ugly on a Pcar since the 914. I think they are 19".

Anyone know anything about these ? Are they worth keeping despite looks or will I buying new rims with this car ?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I love those rims :) I have them on my car, they were quite an expensive option for whoever bought it new. Although I would love some gunmetal volks. When they are cleaned and shiny I think they look great. To each his own though.

·
Registered
204 Posts
It's the lightest Cayman wheel from the factory; according to wheel enhancements.

·
Registered
155 Posts
It's the lightest Cayman wheel from the factory; according to wheel enhancements.
In 19". No way they are lighter than the standard 18".
Even in 19", the turbo wheels are probably lighter since they are forged and those are cast.
Maybe somebody has the numbers to confirm...

·
Registered
159 Posts
Well ... I thinks so too!
I definitely like them better in black.

Someone mentioned gunmetal volks? Offtopic but I've been looking for wheels for my Slate Grey CS. I didn't want standard so I was looking into black but gunmetal may be cool. Or maybe too much grey? going to have to research those now.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Those are the 19" Carrera S wheels. They are the only 19" wheels that are the same width front and back if I remember right. I think they are 9.5" wide front and back. The other 19" option wheels are 9.5" front and 11" back like my Carrera Classics.

The 19" wheels were definitely a price upgrade from standard 18s. I had a hard time pulling the trigger on that option, but liked the look of the Classics.

I think those are the best wheels to paint like others have mentioned.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Porsche doesn't have any front wheels in 9.5". They are 8", only the new GT3 RS has 9" front wheels and the Carrera sport are 8.5" front and 10" rear.

Your Carrera Classic are the same size as the others: 8" front and 9.5" rear (not 11").

·
Registered
7 Posts
19-inch CarreraS. I agree with you - ugly. I offered $2,000 less on a Boxter I was looking at because I would have to replace them. As others have stated, they do look much better in black, and for my taste with the rim silver. For allmost all your choices take a look at Porsche Wheels, Tires and Accessories and click on wheels. They are great people to talk to for advise and have a teriffic reputation for their sales and service.

I ended up with 19-inch Carrera Clasics attached to 2006 Cayman S, and picked up Ceramic-composite brakes. PASM, Chrono +, PCM/Nav, Sport Steering Wheel, ....

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
In 19". No way they are lighter than the standard 18".
Even in 19", the turbo wheels are probably lighter since they are forged and those are cast.
Maybe somebody has the numbers to confirm...
The 18" rims are lighter. However, when you add tires and weigh the entire wheel + tire, the difference in weight between 18" and 19" is small - about 1 to 1-1/2 lb, depending on the specific rim and tire.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Totally subjective, and to each his own. :crazy: ;)

I have the 19" Carrera S wheels on my car and love them. They look way better to me than the 18" rims, or even the 19" Sport Design rims everyone seems to love (yuck).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts