Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been lurking on this site for a year now and it has been great. Signed up for my first DE at Road Atlanta this weekend. A tech inspection is required no more than 2 weeks prior to event. Car is new to me so i have not had to schedule visit to dealer before and just learned they are booked for a week and half but the event is this weekend. I need a recommendation for an indy. Would prefer a shop in the Alpharetta/Johns Creek/Roswell area if possible. Your recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

As a side note, what are thoughts on needing to "duct tape" (really??) headlights? I see it listed in the event guide but when you see various photos of DE events none of the cars have their lights taped. This will be my first event so I don't think they will allow me to draft at 100+ yet :) where chips and damage would occur. Is taping a requirement or just a recommendation? Also, my car has the Expel Clear bra (by prior owner) but i am not sure it covers the lights. They did such a great job on the bra that it is really hard to tell it was applied to hood/front panels much less the headlights.

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
NOT duct tape. Use blue painters tape. Can also use for numbers on the car.

Sorry can't help on the indy rec. You could also check with the event organizer and/or local PCA. best of luck

Wish I had taped these. To be fair it was after track surface was ground and there was still a lot of grit.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
There is Freed performance closer to your desired location, and there is Goldcrest Motorsport which is a dedicated Porsche race shop but it’s in downtown Kennesaw

There is also Rook auto in Buckhead. Rook is actually a former Porsche race team owner and driver

·
Registered
566 Posts
Been lurking on this site for a year now and it has been great. Signed up for my first DE at Road Atlanta this weekend. A tech inspection is required no more than 2 weeks prior to event. Car is new to me so i have not had to schedule visit to dealer before and just learned they are booked for a week and half but the event is this weekend. I need a recommendation for an indy. Would prefer a shop in the Alpharetta/Johns Creek/Roswell area if possible. Your recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

As a side note, what are thoughts on needing to "duct tape" (really??) headlights? I see it listed in the event guide but when you see various photos of DE events none of the cars have their lights taped. This will be my first event so I don't think they will allow me to draft at 100+ yet :) where chips and damage would occur. Is taping a requirement or just a recommendation? Also, my car has the Expel Clear bra (by prior owner) but i am not sure it covers the lights. They did such a great job on the bra that it is really hard to tell it was applied to hood/front panels much less the headlights.

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.
Taping is probably a worthwhile precaution if you want to take the time. Just too lazy myself. There are so many Indy Porsche shops in ATL, you should be able to Google up one easily enough. Just don’t put it off too long. These Peachstate PCA folks ain’t playing on anything related to safety. I’ll be there this weekend. Car #47. Look me up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the quick replies. I have an appt w/ Freed Performance on Friday and they have several other cars coming in for tech inspections as well. Thanks for the tips on taping the headlights. Looking forward to the DE this weekend.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts