Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'09 CS PDK, non PASM.

Installed JIC Cross coilovers, H&R bars and AWE exhaust as a package a couple of months ago.

The right rear droplink attachment got torn so I replaced them with high quality Tarret units.

I am now realizing that the AWE unit is rubbing against the upper connection on the right rear droplink (not the left one). Guessing that is what caused the failure of the OE link.

Only 1 way to attach the AWE and only 1 way to attach the drop link .

Is the rear H&R bar introducing a variable here? Or (can't imagine) the JIC coilovers?

Or just a missed point from one of the vendors?

BTW not the end of the world at all the rubbing is minor I suppose one could hammer a 1mm flat spot on the AWE tube or file off the equivalent on the tarret ring and be clear. Just seems wrong though.

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
I would agree it's the H&R bar as I have JIC with Milltek and stock bars - no problem except tire clearance on JIC's and that's due to wrong offset on my wheels.

·
Administrator
34,474 Posts
Lots of people have the AWE exhaust without rubbing, I had it on my car at one point without rubbing. The first gen Capristo I had rubbed on the drop links and melted the rubber, Capristo redesigned their exhaust, replaced offending units free of charge and paid for the drop link replacement too (great customer service). I would not think that the AWE would be rubbing the drop links without something in the suspension having changed to move those drop links closer to the exhaust pipe, which, as you said you could also ding in to provide some clearance. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts