Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Newbie here, questions for you on my leased '08 Cayman stock (17") car that's due to be turned in November 2010....

1) My rears have no tread, and fronts have about 6 months left. I need new tires....is TireRack my best bet to buy new tires?

2) Any good sites out there you would recommend to buy used tires?

3) For those who lease, do all 4 tires need to be the same brand? Generally, how much tread do you have to have at turn-in?

Thanks...

·
Porsche Prophet
937 Posts
I have leased cars for over 20 years and I can tell you from experience that unless you want to have problems with the dealer, make sure all of the tires are the same brand, proper size, etc. they don't necessarily have to be the original brand, since the manufacturers now could have three different brands on the same model...no used tires...EVER...
as far as where to go...I have found Tire Rack to be the most reliable and knowledgeable...shipping is quick, etc.
do the penny test...take a penny put it into the thread with the head of Abe upside down...if Abe's head gets covered, you are good to go...good luck...

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Most financial companies have lease turn in guides. BMW has them online, not sure whether Porsche does. For BMW, you had to have the appropriate tires (speed rating, same performance level as OEM) with sufficient tread. I'd assume you'd need N tires with 2/3 tread for Porsche.

Other stupid things... VW Credit charges $150 if you have tint on the car!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts