Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have 2006 987 Boxster Base 2.7. Got the Check Engine Light a few days ago and when I attached the ODBCII device received the code identified above. Google search suggests it may be a disconnected or damaged vacuum hose. Does that sound right or is the issue likely something different? There are lots a vacuum hoses on this engine. Does anyone have any experience with this code and if so would you please provide some guidance on where to start looking? For starters, where is the secondary air induction system located? With that information, maybe I could start there with hoses connected to that point. Cheers.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Found the following on Rennlist. I know how to check the bottom two items on the list. Scratching my head on how to diagnose the rest of the list.

P0491 Secondary Air Injection System, Bank 1 - Insufficient Flow
P0492 Secondary Air Injection System, Bank 2 - Insufficient Flow

Possible cause of fault
- Electrical fault in power supply or line between relay and secondary air injection pump
- Secondary air injection pump relay mechanically faulty
- Mechanical fault in electrical secondary air valve
- Pneumatic secondary air valve faulty/sluggish
- Electrical fault in secondary air injection pump
- Mechanical fault in secondary air injection pump or secondary air injection pump blocked
- Vacuum system leaking
- Air hose to secondary air injection pump slipped off or constricted

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My issue turned out to be failure of the secondary air injection pump. That was $800 for the part and $400 for diagnostics and labor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts