Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • NOTICE - Before adding photos to posts on Planet-9, please review: Posting Photos on Planet-9

Help! Question about Brake Service

2K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  3G3T7I 
#1 · (Edited)
UPDATE: I've learned I do in fact need to replace the rotors with the brakes. For anyone living in the DC area, I recommend German Auto Group in Springfield. They gave me a rate about $500 lower than the competition (which was another independent shop, not a dealer).

So recently I took my 987.1 CS in to an independent, but fairly well-regarded Porsche shop. They informed me that, among other things, I needed the front brake pads replaced, which would run me around 1k. I said okay, let me get my tax return and I'll bring the car back.

Now, however, they're telling me I need the pads and rotors and sensors replaced. They said, and I quote, "it's recommended to replace the rotors with the pads since they wear at the same rate."

Is this true? Honestly I was planning on DIY-ing the front pads after I learned how (relatively) cheap and easy it would be to do so.

For reference, my car is a 2008 with 59k miles. Seems a bit early to be replacing rotors....

EDIT: I've attached some photos of the front rotor. Alloy wheel Wheel Rim Tire Spoke
Water Rim Automotive wheel system Wheel Metal

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.