Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been noticing a rattling noise coming from the rear - only when I'm accelerating. The noise only appears after the car has been warmed up. It sounds like a clanging, spring coiling loose change type of sound, not very loud, but definitely noticeable.

Does this sound like a loose heat sheild, or something else? Please help. My Cayman S only has about 6K miles on it.

Thanks

·
On Probation
582 Posts
pinging ???

·
Registered
149 Posts
Make sure your Porsche coffee cup is IN the cupholder!:hilarious:

·
Registered
983 Posts
Check the clip on luggage stop. That is the removalable cloth piece that covers the back trunk. Mine occasionlly rattles.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It does sound like pinging, except I'm using 93 octane and from different gas stations. I never noticed the noise before because I always had the radio on. As for the luggage stop, I removed it (it does sound like the springs behind the screws coiling around), but the sound is still there.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have been noticing a rattling noise coming from the rear - only when I'm accelerating. The noise only appears after the car has been warmed up. It sounds like a clanging, spring coiling loose change type of sound, not very loud, but definitely noticeable.

Does this sound like a loose heat sheild, or something else? Please help. My Cayman S only has about 6K miles on it.

Thanks
Down shift, or turn off the sports chrono. This happens when the sport chrono is on and you are not pushing the car hard enough and shifting too fast.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts