Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! My first post. I have the dash and glovebox of my 2007 Cayman S partially disassembled with the intent to install a Dension 500S BT behind the PCM 2.1. My driver's side cover matched the disassembly pictures everyone has posted and came off easily. However my passenger side has a different carpet/side panel configuration than the Workshop manual or anyone's pictures. This side pane has what appears to be a heat/cooling vent (see picture) beneath the power socket.

1. Anyone have any idea how to remove the panel with the power socket and vent so I can get at the screws to remove the side panel? I have been searching for a depression in the carpet where a Torx screw might be hiding but no luck so far.

2. I have removed the glove compartment skin and the compartment is hanging down. The manual says to drive the hinge pins out to remove the glove compartment. I can't get a straight shot at the pins to drive them out. Any advice would be appreciated.

--Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey -- making progress. That funny vent thing is the port for the Bose subwoofer. If you take the grill out there is a screw behind.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, the vent is the output port for the Bose subwoofer. If you pop out the grill there is a screw behind that releases the panel.

Apologies if this reply pops up more than once. I was replying from my phone in the car and I'm not sure I hit 'reply' when I finished.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts