Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm trying to replace the black plastic piece that sits on top right behind the seats. I removed the three bolts that hold it in place. Unfortunately I think I need to remove the flat carpeted panel as seen below.

Any thoughts on how this is removed?

Thanks,
neil

·
Premium Member
3,809 Posts
Like this: From the Articles section: Remove engine cover carpet. This is fairly easily accomplished by using a trim removal tool to pry up a front corner of the carpet first. Pull back on the front edge to release the front tabs, then by slightly bending the front of the carpet you can release the tabs on either side, and finally pull the pad free from the rear retention tabs.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I'm trying to replace the black plastic piece that sits on top right behind the seats. I removed the three bolts that hold it in place.

Any thoughts on how this is removed?
Neil,

I think I understand your question, as I can see in your picture that you have already removed the aluminum "luggage bar". So you want to pull off the plastic trim that sits beneath that bar, right?

After removing the 2 12point screws holding the luggage bar, and the torx screw hiding next to one of the luggage bar mounting screws (right side if I recall correctly), then the only thing left holding this in place is a bunch of very tight spring clips. Use a automotive trim pry tool (as shown in the post above for removing the carpet above the engine compartment) and start at one end of the plastic piece. Try to feel where those spring clips are and pry very near them to avoid cracking the plastic. It takes a surprising amount of force to pop those loose.

I know that if you search the articles here, somewhere you will find a photo of the underside of that plastic piece so you can see where the spring clips are. Try looking for the articles on removing the front firewall engine cover (that is behind the seats) - I think you'll find such a picture there.

Doug

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the help everyone. I have the replacement plastic piece so I see the clips holding the piece in place and I have already taken the three bolts holding the existing one. It looks like I need to get the tool to take out the engine cover carpet.

If you don't mind me asking, what for?
I bought a Go-Pro camera and want to mount it to the flat plastic area behind and between the seats. The suction cup method doesn't seem to hold.

Take care,
neil

·
Registered
53 Posts
I bought a Go-Pro camera and want to mount it to the flat plastic area behind and between the seats. The suction cup method doesn't seem to hold.
Take care,
neil
Great, thanks. Might make a good article addition to the removal of the panel if you could take some photos of the installation. :thanks:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts