Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'm getting a weird whistling sound coming from the front of the car. It's pretty loud and it's volume/tone matches the revs exactly. It starts about 2 minutes after starting the car, I thought at first it might be an alternator or something with the fuel system. I took my car to the dealer (of course it stopped making the noise just before I pulled in) so I let the guy there check out my car and I described it to him. He said that it probably has something to do with the aftermarket amplifier the previous owner installed. Anyone else experience anything like this?

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,088 Posts
Hey, I'm getting a weird whistling sound coming from the front of the car. It's pretty loud and it's volume/tone matches the revs exactly. It starts about 2 minutes after starting the car, I thought at first it might be an alternator or something with the fuel system. I took my car to the dealer (of course it stopped making the noise just before I pulled in) so I let the guy there check out my car and I described it to him. He said that it probably has something to do with the aftermarket amplifier the previous owner installed. Anyone else experience anything like this?
Yes. In an older car. Same issue but only with the stereo on (even if nothing was playing). I would recommend disconnecting the power supply to your amp or turning it off and then driving around just to see if the sound goes away. That would eliminate/identify the amp as the issue.

Reactions: Boiler Inspector
1 - 2 of 2 Posts