Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I need help to figure out a noise related to brakes.

I bled my 2015 Cayman s today. The procedure went well. I used suction to draw fluid out of the system. I had my wife watched the reservoir level to ensure it never ran below the yellow filter. When i test drove the car, the car braked fine. However, i noticed a knocking noise in the center tunnel and also a vibration in the shift lever when i stepped on the brake while the car was stationary. I could not hear or feel any thing unusual when car was running.

I probably will take the car to the dealer to have them check it out, but any bright ideas?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think i have an explanation now. I made a mess and spilled brake fluid on calipers. Even though i washed the calipers, i probably unintentionally lubricated one of them to cause the clunking noise. If this is the case, the noise should go away after a week of driving.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I think i have an explanation now. I made a mess and spilled brake fluid on calipers. Even though i washed the calipers, i probably unintentionally lubricated one of them to cause the clunking noise. If this is the case, the noise should go away after a week of driving.
Hopefully someone with more experience will chime in but if you accidently spilled brake fluid on the calipers you probably contaminated the the rotors and more importantly the brake pads. The minimum I would do is to pull off that tire / wheel and inspect the pad and rotor and spray it down with a product like " Brake Clean ".

IMHO it's really not a good idea to have greasy pads or rotors.

Again, hopefully someone with more experience in these matters will chime in.

Good Luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.