Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a mild pop/clunk sometime when they start off? Mine car won't do it consistanly and seems worse when its cold. Took it to the dealer and the tech did hear it but said it would be very hard to find since it couldn't be duplicated.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I notice that when I step off the gas at low speeds, I sometimes notice what feels like the drive line momentarily disconnects. It feels like the clutch suddenly disengages. Then when I step back on the gas, I again feel (or hear) it reengage. It's hard to describe. It's almost as if when I step off the gas, it pops into neutral and then the gears mesh again when I press the gas. My car is a manual, but it feels like the description of the coasting function that the PDK has. I think I hear something, but it's more of a feel. Is that what you're experiencing?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I notice that when I step off the gas at low speeds, I sometimes notice what feels like the drive line momentarily disconnects. It feels like the clutch suddenly disengages. Then when I step back on the gas, I again feel (or hear) it reengage. It's hard to describe. It's almost as if when I step off the gas, it pops into neutral and then the gears mesh again when I press the gas. My car is a manual, but it feels like the description of the coasting function that the PDK has. I think I hear something, but it's more of a feel. Is that what you're experiencing?
No, I actually hear it. Hard to describe, but it's there...just not often enough to really tell where it's coming from.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
My 987 will do that on the first start off if I put the car away after washing and the brake pads are likely still a little damp. In my case it's only a one time event for that wash or rain event and it's the brake pads slightly stuck to the rotors with mild rusting I suppose.:cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,618 Posts
My 987 will do that on the first start off if I put the car away after washing and the brake pads are likely still a little damp. In my case it's only a one time event for that wash or rain event and it's the brake pads slightly stuck to the rotors with mild rusting I suppose.:cheers:
Roger to that Budman with LG after each of her 4 washes so far. I figure that pads really get wet cleaning/detailing open wheels and then we put car in garage without drying pads out so they stick/rust. Had same issue with my MX5 every time I washed it; Also noted same when I took MX5 out of winter layup. Pads were stuck somewhat.

:cheers:

·
Registered
540 Posts
I definitely hear a mechanical thunk whenever I put it into first from neutral when stopped. I just assumed "they all do that" :)

·
Registered
969 Posts
Mine Cayman brakes clunk occasionally. In fact my Boxster used to as did my BMW. I agree, I think it is a rust issue unless the clunk is there every time you use the brakes!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts