Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Serious question for the group. A snake got into my frunk area, noticed his head peaking out on passenger side by the windshield.
To inspect this area how easy is it to remove the actual frunk lining including the plastic trim pieces?

Thanks

·
Registered
510 Posts
I assume you have already started with the large cover? If not, it is easy to remove. It is held in by 2 metal clips that are located near the front of that panel. It can be removed by just pulling upward on the panel using the grip holds, then when it pops up, sliding it toward the front of the car. It slides into slots near the windshield area. That is the most likely area he's hiding.

Most of the trim pieces are held in by similar metal clips that snap into the body. That said, the plastic material on the covers can get a brittle, and I have broken the places where the clips attach on a couple of them when removing the panels.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I assume you have already started with the large cover? If not, it is easy to remove. It is held in by 2 metal clips that are located near the front of that panel. It can be removed by just pulling upward on the panel using the grip holds, then when it pops up, sliding it toward the front of the car. It slides into slots near the windshield area. That is the most likely area he's hiding.

Most of the trim pieces are held in by similar metal clips that snap into the body. That said, the plastic material on the covers can get a brittle, and I have broken the places where the clips attach on a couple of them when removing the panels.
That part I know, I'm asking about the actual frunk/trunk lining, I.E. the plastic tub and the cosmetic trim surrounding that part.
Uhmmm, throw a mongoose in there.
LOL. Mongoose seem to be in short supply here in AZ.

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
That part I know, I'm asking about the actual frunk/trunk lining, I.E. the plastic tub and the cosmetic trim surrounding that part.
AFAIK, there's no plastic tub. Just a carpet shell over the metal shell. It is more likely the snake is under the plastic trim around the windshield wiper cowling, battery, brake fluid or washer fluid reservoirs. There plenty of places to hide in there. Maybe, rather than going hunting for it, toss a bunch of moth-balls or ammonia soaked rags in there to drive it out. BTW, how large are we talking here? Not a lot of pythons in AZ either.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AFAIK, there's no plastic tub. Just a carpet shell over the metal shell. It is more likely the snake is under the plastic trim around the windshield wiper cowling, battery, brake fluid or washer fluid reservoirs. There plenty of places to hide in there. Maybe, rather than going hunting for it, toss a bunch of moth-balls or ammonia soaked rags in there to drive it out. BTW, how large are we talking here? Not a lot of pythons in AZ either.
Finally, something I can work with. Thanks for the thoughts on the tub and will try the ammonia/moth ball trick. As to size, unknown, all I could see was the head but based on just that it's a pretty good sized snake. Guestimating 4' plus.

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Take him to the race track. Get him dizzy and he'll want to get the hell out of there.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well it seems the snake is gone. Found a snake repellent made by Victor which is more effective than just mothballs. Put a bag in the frunk area and then washed out the whole area with a strong stream of water.
Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Serious question for the group. A snake got into my frunk area, noticed his head peaking out on passenger side by the windshield.
To inspect this area how easy is it to remove the actual frunk lining including the plastic trim pieces?

Thanks

Try some Ortho Snake B Gone (available on Amazon) or a snake trap in the frunk....basically a sort of fly paper for snakes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The ONLY option here is to take the car to an empty quarry and burn it to the ground. THE ONLY OPTION! 😬

·
Registered
62 Posts
Snakes are very useful creatures. I live in Harris County, Texas, one of the few places in North America that is home to rattlesnakes, coral snakes, copperhead and cottonmouths. I get rat snakes up to 6 feet long in my yard, I just toss them over the fence or let them be. I prefer snakes to rats.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts