Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I managed to discover why my key wasnt unlocking or locking my door. I disassembled the handle, remove the inner cup (the one with the cylinder) but wasnt able to remove the latch because of a worn latch bolt. Apparently the previous owner had issues with it and never got to pair them together (the latch and the handle cylinder stick that pairs up with the receiving part of the latch) is there a way to pair them without removing the latch? Please excuse my spanish to english translation! Thanks image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

·
Registered
143 Posts
That looks like a huge pop rivet to me. I'd drill it out and try to make a proper repair. I haven't been that far into my door yet, thank God and hope I never do. I have replaced the door latch that breaks the spring tab on the driver's side. I didn't use the new improved cable because the part of the job at the door was turning into a PITA. I just carefully changed out the broken part from the replacement assembly and saved my knuckles for some important stuff.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its not a pop rivet, its a stripped bolt (stripped by previous owner), I will be working on it and will come back with updates. Thanks for your replies! Will definitely look into the screw stractor! Thanks for the link!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So After playing with the screw extractor set I gave in and cut a slit on the bolt with a rotary tool and removed it with a huge flat head screwdriver, luckily nothing was broke on the latch or the handle. Got a set of new bolts from the dealer and everything is back in and working perfectly. Thanks for all of you advice and funny comments!

·
Registered
892 Posts
Thanks for reporting back. Ive only had my '08 a few weeks and Im trying to learn from these threads. Ive never tried to open the door with the key. Going out to try it now.:cheers:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts