Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just purchased 2014 cayman s and thinking about purchasing new wheels. I need some advice on the wheel & tire size.
The wheels I'm currently looking at is Advant Garde Ruger Mesh (20x8.5 / 20x10) and tires (245/35R20 and 285/30R20). Wanted to find out if this setup is typical with 20" rims. Any advice or recommendation is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Hi all,

Just purchased 2014 cayman s and thinking about purchasing new wheels. I need some advice on the wheel & tire size.
The wheels I'm currently looking at is Advant Garde Ruger Mesh (20x8.5 / 20x10) and tires (245/35R20 and 285/30R20). Wanted to find out if this setup is typical with 20" rims. Any advice or recommendation is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Here is a thread where the member ran a 20x10 in the rear.

http://www.planet-9.com/porsche-tires-wheels/95436-hre-flowform-wheels-981-a.html

They used a 265 rear but I am sure that you can go wider. I have not seen a lot of 285 or 275 width so you might need to go with a 295 tire. I suggest contacting your manufacturer to confirm.

Good of luck, and congrats on your purchase.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Advant Garde Ruger Mesh - their website says only available in 20x8.5 & 20x11 ( does not list 20x10 on their website)

·
PCA Member and Fully Matured Mod
3,273 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Personally, I would keep the stagger the same as OEM's. The wheel widths, stick to within OEM size and at most 10mm wider on the tires unless you really know what you are doing. 10mm variable won't do much harm. In fact, depending on what brand of tire you use, some tires actually are wider than others even though they both measure 275 wide. Like Michelin PSS tires are usually a little narrower than say Yokohama AD08R tires with more square-ish shoulders.

·
Registered
786 Posts
The tire sizes you mention are not good for the car. You end up lowering the rear tires from 27.3" tall to 26.7" tall and the front you are raising from 26.4 to 26.8" tall. That is enough to throw off anti lock brakes and traction control. You are also going to throw off speedometer and odometer. The wheel sizes are fine. We do not list anything wider than 20X10 on the rear.
If I can help let me know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts