Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still have a CEL light on after replacing the secondary O2 sensor in bank 2 as well as the primary sensor in Bank 1. It's still showing that bank 1 is stuck and running rich. I have an AP catback exhaust as well as a custom dyno tune. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Did you clear the code(s) after installing the sensors?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you clear the code(s) after installing the sensors?
Yes we cleared all of the adaptations after installing the 02 sensors. Originally the first time I had this problem it said a bad post cat in bank 2 I replaced that, and after clearing the codes from that and going through another test the CEL came on and said bad primary cat in bank 1. I replaced that and now the CEL is still on even after clearing adaptations. Somebody told me the file of the tune is corrupted, but I doubt that because if it was the car wouldn't be running right now. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
975 Posts
Yes we cleared all of the adaptations after installing the 02 sensors. Originally the first time I had this problem it said a bad post cat in bank 2 I replaced that, and after clearing the codes from that and going through another test the CEL came on and said bad primary cat in bank 1. I replaced that and now the CEL is still on even after clearing adaptations. Somebody told me the file of the tune is corrupted, but I doubt that because if it was the car wouldn't be running right now. Any suggestions?
If you have the ability to flash tune back to stock, you could eliminate it as a culprit. While its true if it was fully corrupt that your car wouldn't run, it could have a bug that ignores actual O2 sensor readings and instead always reports "running rich". Damaged O2 sensors can cause CEL as well, I hear they are somewhat fragile.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you have the ability to flash tune back to stock, you could eliminate it as a culprit. While its true if it was fully corrupt that your car wouldn't run, it could have a bug that ignores actual O2 sensor readings and instead always reports "running rich". Damaged O2 sensors can cause CEL as well, I hear they are somewhat fragile.
We figured everything out. When we reread everything there was some checksum issues with the factory Porsche map. We updated it to the latest Porsche map, retuned off of that and everything is good to go!

·
Administrator
34,452 Posts
We figured everything out. When we reread everything there was some checksum issues with the factory Porsche map. We updated it to the latest Porsche map, retuned off of that and everything is good to go!
You might consider getting an ECU tune from one of our sponsors that eliminates the O2 warnings altogether if your custom tune doesn't work out for you in the long run.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You might consider getting an ECU tune from one of our sponsors that eliminates the O2 warnings altogether if your custom tune doesn't work out for you in the long run.
Thanks! So far everything is working out great!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts