Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

I parked my CS on Sunday, i havent driven it since then. I just tried to start the car and it was doing some mad clicking noise and giving me air bag failure, spoiler failure etc... and the car wont start. I took out the key got out tried to lock the car again now it wont lock, i can hear some mechanism going on but the doors dont lock and the interior lights have gone all faint. I put the key back in and tried to start it, same thing i get that ticking noise and the spoiler in the back went up on its own and got stuck there. Now its telling me steering locked. Any idea what is going on, anyone had this problem before?

·
On Probation
582 Posts
can you put a DVOM on the battery ? what does it read ?

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
At best, you have a discharged battery. At worst, a dead one. Put a charger on the battery - if it accepts the charge and everything works again, fine. If not, you need a new battery. If so, the next question is warranty. If you are on warranty, call 1-800-PORSCHE and have the car delivered to your dealer. If your car has been driven 6000 miles/year, the warranty is valid. If not, you are on your own. How do I know, mine died this week and was replaced on warranty.

·
Administrator
34,474 Posts
At best, you have a discharged battery. At worst, a dead one. Put a charger on the battery - if it accepts the charge and everything works again, fine. If not, you need a new battery. If so, the next question is warranty. If you are on warranty, call 1-800-PORSCHE and have the car delivered to your dealer. If your car has been driven 6000 miles/year, the warranty is valid. If not, you are on your own. How do I know, mine died this week and was replaced on warranty.
Yep this is pretty accurate. I always keep a trickle charger on mine when parked for long periods, a couple of our sponsors sell them and I've been meaning to try and do a direct deal with the maker for our members, it's on my "to do" list. :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im going to try and put a DVOM and see what it reads. But its strange i can still pop the back and front boot open and my spoiler went up on its own so how can that be with a dead battery??

·
Registered
358 Posts
Yea, my CS did some wacky things when the battery died. The front panel lights flashed madly when I tried to start the car. I was able to pop the front hood as well, but there wasn't enough power left to turn the starter over. I knew the battery was dying because the day before the car barely started. So yes, it could be the a computer that manages the front panel mis-behaves once the battery has dropped below a certain point, but still there is enough power to operate the hood motors. Best to keep the front hood open though, until you get it replaced. If the battery fully dies you'll wish you had ;)

p.s. I keep my on that CTEK maintainer now whenever it is parked in the garage. A mild pain but I guess it goes hand in hand with owning these cars.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Is this a troll thread?

·
Super Moderator
6,027 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
If the battery won't hold a charge then check the electrolyte (water) level in the cell chambers before replacing it- if possible. If they're low then add DISTILLED water to the top of each low chamber and try to recharge the battery. I've had more than a few 2-5 year old batterys that were rejuvenated by adding water when they were low.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts