Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

First, I would like to thank everyone for their guide and support that greatly helped me not in searching my first Porsche, but also deciding to own one. And sorry for the late coming of the pics. I was spending to much time having fun with the car :D

So we took the car on Saturday morning in LA. We meet the seller at a bank parking lot and test drove it around a bit before going to the bank and completed the transaction, thus embarked our 500 miles journey home.

Map Water Ecoregion

During the trip, we encountered many obstacles, including heavy traffic along LA coast (I have to say how do you fellow LA people drive around in such traffic! It was a Saturday and it's dead stop after another dead stop. I even managed to stall once and blocking a Bentley and a Rolls Royce behind me :p), a traffic accident that blocks the entire 101 for an hour and half (good practice of inching in traffic. I even had to drive it around the accident scene on the grass beside the highway since the police directed everyone to do so. Luckily it was very flat and the car is higher then I expected) , heavy fog alone highway 1 and steep hills at 17 miles drive.

But what we experienced even more, is the breath taking scenery and the adrenaline generated by taking the beautifully balanced car through the winding roads. I have driven quite a few other cars before but this is the first time I understand what the car medias refer to as "telepathic' steering.

So enough of me rambling. Here's the S we are talking about :D
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Sports car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Supercar

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Supercar
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Convertible
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
74 Posts
Congrats and enjoy!

·
Registered
832 Posts
If there is ever a next time, skip 101 and take highway 1, The Pacific Coast Highway. It is awesome. Do it in the winter if you can and avoid the campers and tourist. I've done it on a motorcycle twice all the way from LA to Eureka CA. You will not regret it!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If there is ever a next time, skip 101 and take highway 1, The Pacific Coast Highway. It is awesome. Do it in the winter if you can and avoid the campers and tourist. I've done it on a motorcycle twice all the way from LA to Eureka CA. You will not regret it!
Thanks for the suggestion. The reason that I have taken part of 101 is because highway 1 is unfortunately closed in multiple places due to mudslide until well into summer. We had this huge rain season on the west coast. But I will definitely take it on the route sometime when it's fully opened up again:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.