Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

my name is Nicolas and I live in Munich, Germany.

Last week I ordered my CarrArawhite Cayman R. It will be the successor of my Ibiswhite Audi TTS which I now drove for nearly 3 years...

I am soooo excited because it is going to be my first Porsche and I will pick it up @ Stuttgart/Zuffenhausen :) ...

As I love driving on the Nuerburgring Nordschleife, my next car had to be one that is better on the track, hence, the Cayman R seemed to be the just about right tool for me :) ...

And me, well, I am infected by the Porsche virus ever since I was a child. That is mainly because my Dad owned a few Porsches when I was a kid/teenager (Porsche 930 Turbo, 993 Turbo (+ factory-kit 1) and 993 Turbo S)

Well, think I said enough, didnt I :)

Lets hope I won't die of waiting and I hope that I am welcome on this forum :banana:

:thanks:

Regards,

QuickNic;)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Willkommen! I loved my stay in Munchen when I was on holiday back in 1989. Especially the Hofbräuhaus!

Prost!

·
Premium Member
5,834 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the forum!

I lived in Germany for four years. I loved my stay there. I enjoy coming back for visits. :cheers:

·
Kestrel Racing
578 Posts
Sie sind kein Deutscher...

KS-HA, Sie wohnen nicht im Deutschland, aber Bayern!

;)

Welcome to the Forum. I lived in the UK for 3 years, but always wanted to live in Germany, particularly Bavaria. But I have been able to visit Germany many times, and Munich is a fantastic city!

Pfiad di!

·
Premium Member
1,615 Posts
Re: Sie sind kein Deutscher...

I am sorry to say I probably have infected a couple of my kids with the virus.;)

I don't know how bad it is. I have a 12 year old daughter that stands in line to go to any rally. She will not go to the track since she is not allowed in the cars.

Welcome to the site! I am envious of your time at the "green hell". Wish I could go. Tell us about it when you go. Better yet video your run(s). Maybe I can live vicariously through your videos.:burnout:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all for your warm welcome !!! :thanks:

Nice to see that some even speak proper Bavarian here, I like it :cheers:

Regarding the laps on the Nordschleife... of course I will do some videos, did the same with nearly every car I took there so far*... my best BTG time (thats what the "Tourists" use as you cant use all the length of the track on tourist days) is 8:15 with a nearly standard TTS and a bit of traffic... Best full lap was a 8:39 ...

The first aim with the R is to achieve a sub 7:59 BTG lap , but think that shouldnt be a problem (as the BTG lap is about 25 Sec. shorter than the full lap) ... but we will see...

PS: The Porsche virus is very bad and there is no drug that can heal you from it :dance:

·
PCA Member and DE Instructor
3,107 Posts
Re: Sie sind kein Deutscher...

KS-HA, Sie wohnen nicht im Deutschland, aber Bayern!

;)
Thats like saying you don't live in the US but TX, CA, etc.

:hilarious:

Also I will have to admit that Bavarians ................ well lets leave it at that.

Gude Wie KS-HA

·
Registered
282 Posts
Thank you all for your warm welcome !!! :thanks:

Nice to see that some even speak proper Bavarian here, I like it :cheers:

Regarding the laps on the Nordschleife... of course I will do some videos, did the same with nearly every car I took there so far*... my best BTG time (thats what the "Tourists" use as you cant use all the length of the track on tourist days) is 8:15 with a nearly standard TTS and a bit of traffic... Best full lap was a 8:39 ...

The first aim with the R is to achieve a sub 7:59 BTG lap , but think that shouldnt be a problem (as the BTG lap is about 25 Sec. shorter than the full lap) ... but we will see...

PS: The Porsche virus is very bad and there is no drug that can heal you from it :dance:
KS-HA

That's a GREAT BTG time for the Nordschliefe. You will easily hit sub-8 with the Cayman R. Speaking of that, was at the Nordschleife yesterday (Friday afternoon) and there was a new Cayman R there (first one I've seen there). Seems they were breaking her in as I passed it as it was slowly driving around the Ring. Let us know when you get the R and head to the Ring - there are a few of Planet 9 Cayman owners living in Germany (and Eunos will soon be getting his R too)!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Congrats with your cayman R, you definitely made the right choice!
Especially after having driven an Audi you will be stunned of the Porsche on-track driving capabilities, so much better than the wobbely Audi! ;)

If the whether will be fine, I'm planning to go to the Nurburgring 23th of May. How often do you go there?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Nicolas, congrats on your purchase, you have excellent taste!

Let us know how you like it when, very soon, you pick it up!

PS: Bavaria is great, best beer anywhere......

:beer:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you guys... :thanks:

Not that bad, considering that I wasn't allowed to drive for three months and just got my DL back one day before we went to the Nordschleife ;) ... well, sometimes I was cutting the right corners, apart from that it was fine :)

I am actually not that often @ the Nürburgring, it ain't that close to Munich you know ... but I'll try to be there more often in the future... [last year I was there 4 times]

As my car will be delivered in July, I won't be able to drive the Nordschleife before that ...

But if we would arrange a meeting after that, I'll surely participate :dance:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Muenchen ist nicht so weit von mir! Wir wohnen in Regensburg!

Congrats on the "R" that you'll have soon. What do you do in Muenchen?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Stunnung car!

And one happy-looking guy!

Congratulations from a fellow-Carrara fan.

:cheers:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts