Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all from Singapore.

Just switched camp to a P car (987.2 boxster)

Quite disheartening to notice that the local forum is quite dead.

Would like to catch up with other local p car drivers to discuss mods and stuffs.

Is there an underground club that I didn't know of?

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Hi Viper, I am in the States, but previously was posted to KL. I met some Porsche Club Singapore members at the Porsche parade SE Asia and the F1 race at Marina Bay in 2011. Great bunch of folks. If you haven't already you should check into that club. I think they also organized track days at the Sepang circuit. Hope that helps. Cheers

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Viper, I am in the States, but previously was posted to KL. I met some Porsche Club Singapore members at the Porsche parade SE Asia and the F1 race at Marina Bay in 2011. Great bunch of folks. If you haven't already you should check into that club. I think they also organized track days at the Sepang circuit. Hope that helps. Cheers
Hey Zedcat!

I've heard about the Porsche club as well but so far not sure of how to get in touch with them. Coming from the more mass market bimmers and Audi circle, I must say it gets pretty lonely here:hilarious: :hilarious:

There's not much people to chat about mods and stuffs in the local arena. It's great to find friends here in planet 9 but I guess having some like-minded people in close proximity helps a lot?

Thanks for your direction and cheers mate!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey all from Singapore.

Just switched camp to a P car (987.2 boxster)

Quite disheartening to notice that the local forum is quite dead.

Would like to catch up with other local p car drivers to discuss mods and stuffs.

Is there an underground club that I didn't know of?

Cheers!
Hi Viper0419,

You got one here from Singapore as well (but a Cayman S though) :cheers:

You are right the local forum is dead, not quite dead :hilarious: Guess not many 987 around or they are not interested in mods. But I am sure there are still many Singaporeans who are within this forum. You can post the topics and am sure many if us can discuss about it.

Les_RS4

·
Registered
202 Posts
was just in Singapore last week! Surprised many folks can afford any mods after the $70,000 permit fee just to buy the car! Yikes!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Viper0419,

You got one here from Singapore as well (but a Cayman S though) :cheers:

You are right the local forum is dead, not quite dead :hilarious: Guess not many 987 around or they are not interested in mods. But I am sure there are still many Singaporeans who are within this forum. You can post the topics and am sure many if us can discuss about it.

Les_RS4
Hey Les,

Did u get a sprintbooster?
Exhaust or any other mods?

We should catch up.

:hilarious:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Les,

Did u get a sprintbooster?
Exhaust or any other mods?

We should catch up.

:hilarious:
Sorry for the late reply, was really busy :hilarious:
This is probably the only car that I did not mod too much as it is already very good in stock. So no sprint booster (and never in any of my mod list) but I do install an exhaust system, new 19" wheels and tires, multimedia and some interior enhancements.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I'll be at the Marina Bay Sands the last week of the month. I'm open to suggestions for things to do other than work and hit the infinity pool. Maybe a day trip across the border on the train?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll be at the Marina Bay Sands the last week of the month. I'm open to suggestions for things to do other than work and hit the infinity pool. Maybe a day trip across the border on the train?
U can do the following:-

Go to universal studio
Visit the aquarium in Sentosa which is new
The zoo is pretty good too

A trip up north to Malaysia if you know where to go.
Pity you are not coming in September as we have the f1 race then.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I did walk around the Botanic Gardens and the Aquarium in Sentosa, and much of that elevated walking trail to get to the cable car to Sentosa. I hit the Jumbo Seafood and the East Coast Lagoon Hawker Center. Several Indian places for lunches. And quite a bit of relaxing on the roof of MBS and wandering around that area including the shopping center.

Honestly I was a little disappointed, but I had high expectations. I'm sure I'd have had more fun if I had some local friends to hang out with.

Watching helicopters and birds fly below you from the pool is pretty spiffy though.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
hey viper, there are a few active MY/SG members here. including FD3S and a few others.
you're welcome to join the MY #PCBMY group as well when visiting up north. our group has got a few SG members too.

enjoy in good health!

P.S. if anyone is visiting Malaysia or Singapore, do give us a shout out!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts