Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I replaced my battery over the weekend and hopped in Monday night just to make sure it starts. But before I could sit down, I noticed there is a high pitched whine - singing noise - like the kind that comes from a toothbrush charger or a power brick that powers a computer. To me, it sounds like an electrical component singing. It is not too loud but definitely there. Anyone else run across this?

On a related note, either my memory has failed me or I wasn't very observant in the past. Should I be able to turn on the radio without the key in the ignition? If I were to walk out in the morning, open the door, sit down, and push the radio button - should it turn on while the key is still in my hand? I don't recall this to be the case in the past but it happens now.

Thanks in advance.
Scott

·
Registered
292 Posts
Yes, you can listen to the radio without the key in, no issue there.

The high pitched thing SOUNDS like it could be an amp or something. Best way to find the cause is to initiate the whine, then start pulling fuses until it goes away. Once you find the fuse, you'll probably be able to identify the cause. Could be a fuel pump too, I suppose.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the suggestion. I will give it a go.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts