Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received a really great promotional piece for the GTS. Ive gotten several different pieces from porsche over the years but this is the most impressive. Even better than the one i got last year when i got invited to drive the 918..carl

. IMGgts .JPG

·
Crusin worlds most isolated city
3,758 Posts
Yeh, they spent some effort and $$ on that one.

·
Premium Member
837 Posts
... Even better than the one i got last year when i got invited to drive the 918...
Talk about name dropping!!:hilarious: Wow.

I guess I must have missed that post/review...

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Talk about name dropping!!:hilarious: Wow.

I guess I must have missed that post/review...
I wasn't "name dropping " just comparing their marketing efforts. I'm in advertising so i pay attention to stuff like that..What happened was 48 hrs before the 918 drive they called and wanted for me to go to my dealer and give them a $200,000 refundable deposit to drive the car. Kind of pi--ed me off because they came to me with the offer in the first place. I declined, thats show biz.carl

Attachments

·
Premium Member
837 Posts
Well, still an honor to be asked. But 200G deposit, wow again.

Only invitation I've gotten recently is from BMW ... to replace a faulty airbag.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Only invitation I've gotten recently is from BMW ... to replace a faulty airbag.
The reality is they stood a better chance of getting hit by a meteorite than me giving them 200,000 for a test drive. They need to really update their mailing list.Carl

·
Registered
258 Posts
Carl,
Just received this. Nice touch, but still a marketing tool.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,850 Posts

I'm surprised that they would invite anyone to test drive a car which has a sticker price of around $850K. In most areas of the country you can buy a luxurious home with a nice large lot for that price. Moreover, if I were in the market for a nearly million dollar car, I sure as hell wouldn't buy one that was test driven.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm surprised that they would invite anyone to test drive a car which has a sticker price of around $850K. In most areas of the country you can buy a luxurious home with a nice large lot for that price. Moreover, if I were in the market for a nearly million dollar car, I sure as hell wouldn't buy one that was test driven.
They did the same thing when they introduced the Carrerra GT. Test drives on the track. Carl

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
They do let you test drive the 918. PCNA shipped a 918 for test drives at my local dealer. All three people who test drove it placed a deposit. If you are a serious buyer, Porsche will arrange test drives.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I Received my GTS promotional piece in the mail today also! How much did that cost?
The cost was buried in the price of your car. :)

Reactions: H man

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
The cost was buried in the price of your car. :)
I guess... but the price of the car would have been the same if they didn't have these. :) My SA gave me mine back in September when I dropped in to meet him. I was pretty stoked about it!! :D

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I just received a really great promotional piece for the GTS. Ive gotten several different pieces from porsche over the years but this is the most impressive. Even better than the one i got last year when i got invited to drive the 918..carl

. View attachment 52900
Yes quite expensive I got something similar when the 981 Boxster was launched.

So this is Porsche Cayman GTS economics. They dropped the footwell lighting to pay the this.:crazy:

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Carl,
Just received this. Nice touch, but still a marketing tool.
+1, got one and immediately thought that if Porsche wanted to send me something, it should be something useful. I'll keep it and pass it along to the next owner some day.

·
Premium Member
5,836 Posts
I got invited to drive a service loaner. I sat around the showroom, looked at cars, and ate cookies instead. :(

I really wish they would send me that promotional package. :( I would like to drool over it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts