Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

21 - 40 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
This is great to see owners actually driving and enjoying their Caymans.

I have also considered a Corvette C6 or Z06. The guys from the Corvette forum had a similar thread, where they were boasting, '600 miles - not a single problem!'. Majority did not even top 3k miles with mostappear to be garage queens. It almost seem like some of those guys were afraid to drive it, worrying that it may break...which a lot actually did.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Late April, about 3300 miles. That's pretty good considering it splits time with 3 other cars and my round-trip commute is only 28 miles (and I work too much so not much time for driving).

·
Premium Member
479 Posts
3 months old, and 4500 miles, not a single problem with this beauty.

The highest praise I can offer is that I would buy it again

·
Registered
248 Posts
12000 km since June 16, and that included 2 weeks of down time when I was vacationing in europe.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Just over 6K since I took delivery, 4 APR. I find excuses to drive this car. I love driving on the NJ Trpk (as crappy as it is) and Garden State Pkwy (much nicer). Those are our very own racetracks where 80mph seems to be the standard speed. Anybody out there from the area that can relate?

Rudy

·
Registered
741 Posts
BTW, I have noticed a difference in how smooth the engine runs now. ...getting about 24 MPG on theHwy.

·
Premium Member
1,149 Posts
12000 km since June 16, and that included 2 weeks of down time when I was vacationing in europe.
Jeez Booster, you're really enjoying that baby!! I've only got about 8500 km - including trip to coast.

Of course, you put a couple hundred kilometers on driving that car sideways along the ditch, too!

Are you coming down to Edmonton for track day?

==RedEye

·
Registered
831 Posts
I'm curious if I'm still 'in the lead' :)

I'm at about 14,500 miles. Anybody with more? I know a few of you have been on some long road trips...

Chris:

Like Brad, I am getting close to you as well; 13K mi. as of today :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Delivery on July 1st - 2600+ miles. I live in manhattan and only drive it on the weekends... actually, this seems to imply that ALL THAT I DO is drive it on the weekends. ;)

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Chris, just beating you! But I have had mine a month longer.

2nd December collection - 14800 miles.

Will hit well over 15K after a trip down south this weekend, then back to London next week.

Jack

·
Premium Member
970 Posts
Not too far behind.......12766 and counting. This car has just been amazing. So far....it is the only thing that is making the trip to work worth the drive.....leaving early and arriving right on time......mtn roads then hwy speeds what more could you want????

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Tomorrow will be 6 weeks of ownership with 5200 miles...and each one is better than the last. -Steve

·
Registered
89 Posts
picked up the car 7/20/06 and have over 5500miles... one long road trip to break her in Started in San Diego drove to Seattle Wa. and back. I have loved each and every moment...

·
Registered
66 Posts
got the car mid august, 3100 miles...big drive to la and got over 300 miles a tank with speeds over triple digits. I do now have to get a shock replaced because of the bumps on I-10 between phx and la...not a fav for a smooth fast ride

21 - 40 of 90 Posts