Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

61 - 80 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
You're doing some serious driving there, Fab... funny thing is, my car has basically been sitting in the garage since the racing season ended at the end of last Oct. I had it out once for a zip down to Hoover Dam, and from there, a triple-digit race through the desert about halfway down to Kingman AZ with a kid on a Ducati, but that's been it since Oct 30, '06.

brad
I'm not really one for "storing" my car for the winter. I try to at least find one day a week to take it out (preferably, a weekend!)....

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
you ppl go out and drive more:dance:
1/14/06 delivery.
as of 1/30/07: 25000 miles.
no serioius problem, it is a b. black launch car.
no rattle.
i drive the car really hard on the track for about 5k miles.

things that did go wrong.
suspension: it was aftermkt. nothign to do with porsche
pwr steering: well, it's b/c i track a lot.
vent tube got lose: dont know why.
clutch replaced: pedal will not return, done under warranty.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
I have 3500 miles since 5/06..delivered with 360 miles

·
Premium Member
2,701 Posts
Mooty I hope you mean 1\30\07 cuz 25,000 miles in 16 days just sounds painful. :p

I'm at ~12,500 and havn't had my car since the 11th. The Odo was around 7k when I took delivery at the end of July. So basically in 5 months I've driven the Cayman more than I drove my SLK on average each year :eek: - SS

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Mooty I hope you mean 1\30\07 cuz 25,000 miles in 16 days just sounds painful. :p

I'm at ~12,500 and havn't had my car since the 11th. The Odo was around 7k when I took delivery at the end of July. So basically in 5 months I've driven the Cayman more than I drove my SLK on average each year :eek: - SS
hahaha, i just changed to 2007

·
PCA / POC Member & Club Donor
1,932 Posts
Russ,

You did not say you were "stuck" in Hawaii, did you? I am so sorry. While I live in SoCal, I am currently in WI and freezing my @$$ off.

Chipping ice off the rental car window this morning was not as much fun as spending Sunday looping the Streets of Willow Springs track with the POC.

BTW, just over 5500 mile since September, but I do travel too much.

·
PCA / POC Member and Club Donor
207 Posts
6,666 miles today and my AWE arrived this afternoon. Install on Saturday and a long twisty drive on Sunday.

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
9500 miles and I drove it to work today. :)

What's snow?

·
Registered
4 Posts
:D 13,500 miles since delivery Feb. 21, 2006 on my silver on black launch car. Been running it as my every day driver all year on the nasty New England roads around the Boston area. Installed snow tires in November and hopefully will take them off April 1...Only been to the dealer twice, once for rattles in the cold weather and replacement of O2 sensors. Love this car!

·
Premium Member
970 Posts
Russ: We ALL should be stuck in Hawaii!!!!!..... LOL
Now that the weather is nicer, back to driving the Croc....18,821 and counting....

·
Administrator
34,509 Posts
I would suggest updating your Registry records then. The highest real mileage is from ecmazza at 56,000. (Deathemperor's record is a test record, not real mileage). I note that hvdcman's mileage it out of date in the registry as I am sure others are as well. Please use the user control panel to update your Cayman's registry record! :)

·
Registered
344 Posts
I'm curious to know as to who or what the highest mileage on a Gen 1 987 platform?

I know there was a thread back in '06 but I didnt really want to resurrect that thread but rather refer to it since the last post on the thread was also in 06, if its ok with the Mods:
http://www.planet-9.com/cayman-boxster-chat/3657-highest-mileage-cayman-s-3.html

The reason I ask is due to the NHTSA thread ( http://www.planet-9.com/cayman-boxs...90-oiling-problems-blown-motors-nhtsa-10.html ) and it seems like I haven't seen a motor on that list with over 100K on the clock as most of them are below 80K.

I guess I'm looking for some resassurance that this motor will run over 100K with proper maintenance and in my case, possibly tracking the car once a year( if that). I plan to keep the car as long as I can and if this motor can clock more than 120K miles on them.
Does any once have over 100K mi/km, 120K mi/km

Thank you very much in advance.

·
Boxster Enthusiast
1,749 Posts
I have 85K on my '05 Boxster S and it's still going strong. Planning on getting 150K before I think about getting rid of it. The oil has been changed every 10K and probably have about 30 track days.
Drive it like you stole it! :drivingskid:

61 - 80 of 90 Posts