Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • NOTICE - Before adding photos to posts on Planet-9, please review: Posting Photos on Planet-9

Highest Mileage 987 (Cayman/ Boxster)

17K views 89 replies 64 participants last post by  aiiee 
#1 ·
Highest Mileage Cayman S?

Wondering who's clocked the most miles on their new Cayman S. How many miles? Has the car melded and adapted to your driving style? Or has it gotten loosened anddeveloped squeeks and rattles? What lessons have you oh wise ones? Thanks.
-SJD

#2 ·
I'm not thinking the most but I am sitting at 8k since 01/18/06. This car is everything for my driving......I look forward to driving to work (even leave early once in a while for the mountain road route). There may be some creaks and groans when hitting rough pavement but for the most part this car is very quiet. The only lesson I have so far.......drive hard then drive harder and faster......I love getting into this car each day just for the experience of driving it!!!!!!

#4 ·
8400 miles here. The car is amazing, I just got back from a trip to CT and DC from FL. Its the best car I have ever owned. I look for reasons to drive it. I Also own 2 motorcycles and an Acura they all just sit. I received this car on 1/21 and every day has been a blast in my car. When I travel for work, I start Jonesing for my car.

-Aaron

#5 ·
Picked my Cayman up on May 1st and I'm at 1300 miles as of yesterday. Drove the old girl (89 911) today and I'm at the mid 25K mark. Think the Cayman will surpass her within 1.5 years.

Russ K, you may have to drive out to Ko Olina for Sunday brunch every niow and then.

W

#18 ·
chris - I'm getting closer - I've got 9,897 on the clock since early March - Parade trip added a little over 3k, I'll put an another 1k+ this coming weekend going to a Zone 7 AX event in Monterey, and I'll bet going to Crocktoberfest will add another 3k miles...

The car does everythng I've asked of it without skipping a beat - from long-distance driving (I did 740 miles in one day last week including about 100 miles at speeds between 130-150 mph), to autocross and track, and I've been pretty demanding, I think.

brad

#21 ·
This is great to see owners actually driving and enjoying their Caymans.

I have also considered a Corvette C6 or Z06. The guys from the Corvette forum had a similar thread, where they were boasting, '600 miles - not a single problem!'. Majority did not even top 3k miles with mostappear to be garage queens. It almost seem like some of those guys were afraid to drive it, worrying that it may break...which a lot actually did.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.