Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • NOTICE - Before adding photos to posts on Planet-9, please review: Posting Photos on Planet-9

Homelink question help

5K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  UDPride@StuttgartStudios 
#1 ·
just bought a cayman today and tried to set up the homelink did everything by pressing the learn button and the fog lights blinked 3 times but still it doesnt work, ive tried the steps couple times and even tried with different buttons on the homelink, i cleared everthing and tried again but still doesnt work but everytime the fog lights blink three times. am i doing something wrong or maybe just a bad homelink or bad garage door opener, my garage door is 5-7 years old genie. thanks

#2 ·
Are you sure your garage door opener isn't one that uses a rolling code? If so you may be programming the Homelink correctly, but you just need to get your opener to learn and accept the code the Homelink is putting out.

#4 ·
My Genie is about 3 years old. There's a learn button you need to press on the garage door opener drive unit. On mine, you push a button and a light blinks until you tell the car to learn, then the codes are correlated. Check your door opener owner's manual or get the model number and look up the manual on line to get the right procedure.

#5 ·
You must learn the opener to the car as well as the car to the remote.
However I can get mine to work because of incompatible code protocol even though the remote is on the homelink compatability list.

#8 ·
You have the car programed when it blinks 3 times. Now you need to program the car to the genie motor.
Get on a ladder and take the light cover off, you'll see a red led light
Push the button next to it, now this led light will flash
Go back to the car and push the same button in the car you just program 3-4 times slowly
This should work

#10 ·
wow, was going to look this up and/or ask about this. I spent 30 mins parked in the driveway with my garage going up and down trying to get this to work, and finally said "forget it." I was starting to get looks from the neighbors. Not "that's a cool car" looks, but "what the hell is he doing?" looks.

#11 ·
i'm going to try the advice above as well. after i bought my boxster it took me several tries to get the homelink to work but it finally did. this past summer i replaced the garage door openers and haven't been able to re-activate the homelink no matter how many times i tried. so, i just stuck the remote on my sun visor..... works just fine!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.