Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my new 2009 Cayman...replaces 2007 Cayman S....for me a vast improvement. I dutifully went through the manual and got the homelink/garage door working just fine. It would open the door at about the same distance as the 07...about 30 feet as I turn into the driveway. Over the next few days the distance required to open the door kept shrinking. Until this morning I backed the car out and sat in front of the garage door....and it did nothing. and here is the second weirdness....yesterday morning and this morning when I came down I found the garage door wide open....the door was shut when I went to bed and the keys were laying on the counter....

Any thoughts about this....or similar experiences??

John

·
Registered
117 Posts
I cannot help you with your Homelink problem. However, I was wondering if you could share your opinion about how you feel your new Cayman compares to your 07 S? Is the new Cayman an S too? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Morning,
The 2009 is a Cayman (not S) while the previous one was 2007 Cayman S. For my purposes the 2009 is superior (based upon about 500 miles of driving). It seems tighter...more solidly put together...this is not about the handling...which the 07CS is slightly tighter/less body movement on cornering....but remember I don't track the car. The feel of the steering is better in the new car....I think that the engine is less noisy...while I haven't nailed the brakes or pushed the engine (following the 2000mi suggested break in period....on street roads it feels as quick (I never aim to beat the other guy/gal from a stop)...the clutch seems to have a smoother feel to it. While I wish it came with Michelins...having just replaced all four on the 07S....I have to say that to date the Continental Conti 3s seem pretty good...a vast improvement over the Conti 2 version of the tire....even the Bose system seems vastly improved over the prior version...not that it is great but rather that it seems better sounding....the ergonomics of the interior (PCM 3.0) is greatly improved...while I have no way of proving this it feels like there is a better grade of interior materials used (plastic and leather)....so all in all I am more pleased with the 2009...refinement is what I would say...but guess if I was tracking/racing the car I might take another view....but the 09 is very very good

·
Registered
115 Posts
Just got my new 2009 Cayman...replaces 2007 Cayman S....for me a vast improvement. I dutifully went through the manual and got the homelink/garage door working just fine. It would open the door at about the same distance as the 07...about 30 feet as I turn into the driveway. Over the next few days the distance required to open the door kept shrinking. Until this morning I backed the car out and sat in front of the garage door....and it did nothing. and here is the second weirdness....yesterday morning and this morning when I came down I found the garage door wide open....the door was shut when I went to bed and the keys were laying on the counter....

Any thoughts about this....or similar experiences??

John
Very strange! I also have an '09 and have had no such issue. You might (I haven't looked in the manual) delete the programming of that button you programmed and start over. Can't hurt.

·
Registered
146 Posts
You already know this, but Homelink is not supposed to work with the key out. Guess you can check yours out by pressing the buttons with the keys removed and see what happens.

As for the door being wide open, I've had that happen before but did not relate it to my Homelink...just other neighborhood interference. Maybe something is eminating a similar frequency...you did not mention if you have rolling code or not.

Back to your weakening signal...in addition to resetting like silverback suggests, wipe all three buttons and program all to operate your opener. When one gets funky on you, try the other and see if it may be button/channel related or if there is a competing signal near your garage door.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts