Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a great time and saw some other caymans out there. Pics include new mods I added over the winter:

1. GT3 Seats
2. Motorlux CF side skirts, wing, diffuser
3. Painted Side vents, spears, front splitter
4. Motordrive Mesh Grills
5. Champion RS98 Wheels 19 in
6. Girodisc Rotors

Enjoy,
Kevin

·
Registered
15 Posts
+ 1

Nice pics Kevin. I just spent the last two days on the North course of Authobahn with Napleton Porsche. I'll be back tomorrow for more fun with them. What a great time! Time for me to start looking into upgrades for my CS.

neil

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
+ 1

Nice pics Kevin. I just spent the last two days on the North course of Authobahn with Napleton Porsche. I'll be back tomorrow for more fun with them. What a great time! Time for me to start looking into upgrades for my CS.

neil
Hey Neil,

I was there again on Sun with Northwoods Shelby on the south course. I've maxed out the stock pasm suspension and am experiencing tons of body roll. My car is at Napleton now getting some issues sorted. I'm planning on putting an interseries suspension on my car. Sways and new susp should greatly improve times. I was planning to head out there and meet Joe yesterday to see another street cayman with the interseries susp but the owner didnt make it.

-Kevin

·
Registered
317 Posts
Kevin,

Keep me posted on your car as you make the upgrades. Below is a video I took (GoPro HD) of Jack Baldwin driving my CS for a few laps on the North course of Autobahn.

YouTube - Jack Baldwin Autobahn North May 2010.m4v

Napleton Porsche puts on a terrific Masters program.

neil
WOW, you guys get to wear shorts and short sleeves during events. Nice

Jack Baldwin looks like he is out for a Sunday drive. Look how relaxed he is and how light his steering inputs are.

·
Cayman The Destroyer!
2,646 Posts
Illustrating bad habits with the hands! LOL

·
Registered
15 Posts
WOW, you guys get to wear shorts and short sleeves during events. Nice
Yes, this was not a PCA event. :hilarious:

As for tires, they are OEM Bridgestone RE050A. And they were talking the entire three days at Autobahn. I put Pagid yellows all around for days 2 and 3 of the program. You can hear them in the video.

What a joy it was to have a pro racer of Jack's caliber not only leading the instruction but also driving the various student cars. I'm glad I had the camera.

neil

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Neil,

I will be doing the full course at Autobahn 6/7 with MVP and 6/14 with PCA. Ordered a go pro HD over the weekend, will be using it at both events. Hopefully I'll see you out there.

-Kevin

·
Registered
317 Posts
Illustrating bad habits with the hands! LOL
Yeah, there were times when he looked like he should have a cigarette in his hands. Kinda like he was sitting around discussing the finer points of a 12 yr old scotch.

I was impressed at how relaxed he was, even when the tires were screaming.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Neil,

I will be doing the full course at Autobahn 6/7 with MVP and 6/14 with PCA. Ordered a go pro HD over the weekend, will be using it at both events. Hopefully I'll see you out there.

-Kevin
Kevin,
I will be at both events as well (with the yellow M3) and my wife will be there with the CS for the PCA event. What group are you signed up for?
I am in advanced for MVP and instructing for PCA.
Tom

·
Registered
15 Posts
Kevin / Tom

I just signed up for the PCA event on June 14. Looking forward to seeing you both out at the track. I'm scheduled to be at Autobahn North June 9 with Napleton.

neil

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Kevin,
I will be at both events as well (with the yellow M3) and my wife will be there with the CS for the PCA event. What group are you signed up for?
I am in advanced for MVP and instructing for PCA.
Tom
Hey Tom,

Im in Advanced with MVP and requested White for PCA but don't know where I'll be placed yet. It will be my first PCA event this year. See you there.

-Kevin

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hey Tom,

Im in Advanced with MVP and requested White for PCA but don't know where I'll be placed yet. It will be my first PCA event this year. See you there.

-Kevin
Kevin and Neil,
We should hook up and compare notes, lines, etc.
I will see you there :cheers:
Tom

·
Registered
164 Posts
Kevin,
Nice meeting you at Autobahn CC yesterday. Before you get a ton of suspension I would get some better (R compound) tires.
Did you get some video with the new camera? Are you going to post it on line?
See you next Monday,
Tom:cheers:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Kevin,
Nice meeting you at Autobahn CC yesterday. Before you get a ton of suspension I would get some better (R compound) tires.
Did you get some video with the new camera? Are you going to post it on line?
See you next Monday,
Tom:cheers:
Hey Tom,

Nice meeting you as well. Here is a quick vid:

3rd Session MVP Track Time 6/7/10 Autobahn Country Club on Vimeo

I will post the rest of the raw footage by the end of the week. I have quite a bit of video with a different angles behind you. R comps should make a huge diff but Ive been wanting to lower my car for sometime, I hate how high it sits. I'm planning just to do it all at once; tires, susp, sways, and really need a harness and bar. See you again next mon. Nice driving out there, I could see your front inner wheel lifting around corners.

-Kevin

·
Registered
15 Posts
Kevin,

It was nice meeting you on Thursday at Napleton's day on Autobahn North. The weather turned out GREAT for a day at the track! Your car looks terrific with the mods. Keep it up.

neil

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Neil it was nice meeting you as well. When I met you thurs I had completely forgotten I already spoke to you online. I am Uploading videos from thurs and will post links when they are up.

Craig hr girodisc rotors are holding up well. I am happy with them.

-Kevin

1 - 19 of 19 Posts