Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to begin two week tour in Europe after receiving my new Cayman GTS in Zuffenhausen. A first stop would be Zurich. However, I would not want to drive deep into the city because of the traffic. So it would be ideal to be a few miles away from a center of the city. And obviously I like to stay a nice place with a safe parking facility.

Do you have any recommendation? I have never been to Zurich. I would greatly appreciate your input.

-Shinji

·
Registered
459 Posts
Well, much of the area is crowded. Zurich Marriott is near the train station (1/4 mile walk) which is near the old town. They have an underground garage. More of an American style hotel. If you stay there, make reservations at eat at the White Elephant, Thai place...superb. If you want to get further out, I cannot help you. Should be an awesome trip!

·
Super Moderator
6,776 Posts
Zurich is not a big city. I've been there twice, and I love it.

I stay at the Marriott which is a walking distance from the train station and the altstadt. And it's at the river side with heavenly view overlooking the city.

However, we do have members here from Switzerland who'd be more helpful in case you want one on the skirts of Zurich.

PS Congrats on your GTS.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@monkeyboy and @HassaanAbdeen,

Wow. You guys are quick to reply. I guess the Marriott is a good bet. Thank you.

If possible, I would stay a bit further from the city.

Has anyone in Switzerland a recommendation?

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Those guys should be waking up in a couple of hours. I am sure you will have a few more recommendations.

Zurich is not a big city. I've been there twice, and I love it.

I stay at the Marriott which is a walking distance from the train station and the altstadt. And it's at the river side with heavenly view overlooking the city.

However, we do have members here from Switzerland who'd be more helpful in case you want one on the skirts of Zurich.

PS Congrats on your GTS.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
FIFA may have some vacant rooms available .....kidding.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Don't worry about parking your new GTS at a safe parking facility. We were touring in Germany, Austria, Northern Italy and Switzerland for two weeks last year with my car and not once I found any parking facility is questionable. I didn't see one car with door ding over there during our visit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@Crgart Thank you for the assurance. Makes me feel less nervous.

BTW, did you write up some details of your tour? It seems that I have very similar plan in the other way around. That is, Germany, Switzerland, Northern Italy, Austria, and back to Germany.

·
Registered
234 Posts
@Crgart Thank you for the assurance. Makes me feel less nervous.

BTW, did you write up some details of your tour? It seems that I have very similar plan in the other way around. That is, Germany, Switzerland, Northern Italy, Austria, and back to Germany.
Sorry I didn't. But I can email you my route if you pm your email address. I put almost 3400km (2125 miles) in two weeks and I would do it gain in a heartbeat. Reason I went the other way was I picked up my car in Leipzig and I want my last major stop in Nurburgring.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Congrats on your purchase! A european delivery of a new Porsche is a dream of mine.

I am interested to see where you end up staying because I am going to be in Germany in October and was planning on visting Zurich while I was there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts