Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone? Anyone? I really don't want to buy based on a few Youtube videos but I may not have any choise :(

·
Registered
182 Posts
Sounds good to me. I'll let you know when it's complete. I'm having the SRP 4.1 done at the same time over at Euro-car Werks.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds good to me. I'll let you know when it's complete. I'm having the SRP 4.1 done at the same time over at Euro-car Werks.
What is that? Software or an entire kit?

Why headers though? They really take away the low-end grunt for a minimal high-end gain.

I want an exhaust and software but that probably it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
What is that? Software or an entire kit?

Why headers though? They really take away the low-end grunt for a minimal high-end gain.

I want an exhaust and software but that probably it.
Check out "Softronics Summer Specials" for a better explanation. Basically the SRP is the Softronics Racing Plenum and the 4.1 is the remapping (computer) software to get the best performance throughout the RPM band. I'm a novice to all of this though so I gotta point you in the direction of the experts for further info.

Headers from what I've been reading here add to the overall HP gains so I went with the full package.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Check out "Softronics Summer Specials" for a better explanation. Basically the SRP is the Softronics Racing Plenum and the 4.1 is the remapping (computer) software to get the best performance throughout the RPM band. I'm a novice to all of this though so I gotta point you in the direction of the experts for further info.

Headers from what I've been reading here add to the overall HP gains so I went with the full package.

No, I understand but what you may not know is that you will lost torque on the lower end. Your car will not have that "grunt" you may be use to in the lower RPM's in the taller gears. The power band typically moves up the RPM range when you add headers.

There is always a trade off with mods. And with headers the trade off is more noise and less low-end torque.

That's not to say the car won't be a blast to drive. ;)

·
Registered
182 Posts
I'll just have to see when the mods are complete. The good thing about bolt on mods is that they can always be 'unbolted', ya know. I think (again from what I've read here) the loss will be minimal. I don't stay in the low RPM's very long anyway!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll just have to see when the mods are complete. The good thing about bolt on mods is that they can always be 'unbolted', ya know. I think (again from what I've read here) the loss will be minimal. I don't stay in the low RPM's very long anyway!
Yeah but the cost of having them removed isn't cost effective. ;)

Again - let me (us) know when you get your car back! :beer:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yeah but the cost of having them removed isn't cost effective. ;)

Again - let me (us) know when you get your car back! :beer:
Using 93 octane isn't cost effective either but we all do what we must do to put that ear-to-ear grin on our face now don't we!?;)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Not yet. The exhaust is supposed to be delivered later this week if all falls on schedule. Dropping my car off there on the 27th while I'm off to St Louis. Pick it up when I get back on the 1st.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not yet. The exhaust is supposed to be delivered later this week if all falls on schedule. Dropping my car off there on the 27th while I'm off to St Louis. Pick it up when I get back on the 1st.
Ok. I might use these people so let me (us) know what your thoughts are on them, their work and service.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Any updates on your car? Did you get it done yet?
Alright NickS, my car went to the shop on Monday to get everything installed and flashed. Right now I'm in Florida with my daughter at Disney World. I'm actually more excited about getting the Porsche back than the vacation time! I get back in town on Tuesday, pick her up on Wednesday and I'll be free all weekend to play around. I'll also have my new camera mount for it by then so I hope to shoot some vids too. :banana:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Ok. I might use these people so let me (us) know what your thoughts are on them, their work and service.
Alright...it's back. First off, Eric is really a good guy to deal with. Knowledgeable and friendly for sure. The service was great although I can't really comment on how long it took to get my car ready as I left it with him for a week while I was at Disney in Florida. Price, well...i guess the only way to lower your cost is to do it yourself which...well...I don't trust my abilities enough to do it myself. lol. It seemed reasonable.

As for the B&B exhaust, I've only got about an hour and a half road time on it but it is definately LOUD! But it sounds sweet! I really didn't understand drone before but I sure do now. If you are looking for a set-up that doesn't drone, the B&B is not for you. I quickly learned to stay above 3k rpm to avoid this issue. The sound is SO much better than stock though that I think it's worth it to give it a listen. More power? Feels like it but remember I did the SRP w/ flash upgrade, headers, exhaust & tips. Full system. It pulls real smooth throughout the rpms but I really haven't aired it out yet. I have not dynoed it so I can't comment on how many hp I've gained but I am pleased so far with the set-up. Anybody in the Houston area want to hear the B&B, let me know and maybe we can get together.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have B&B headers w/cats and a B&B exhaust (no cats.) It sounds GREAT! It is louder under all conditions than stock, but I don't find it too loud anywhere. It has a rich, powerful tone that makes a car lover smile.

As for drone, I would say there isn't any. There is a little resonance below about 2600, that is only noticable under large throttle openings, which I only found because I was trying to induce drone by testing all RPM/TP combinations. Under normal use, there is really only a hint of unpleasantness down below 2600 RPM - same range as stock, but louder. I define drone as substantially unpleasant resonance (like that Civic the kid down the street owns with the Kazoo stuck under the bumper) and this system has but a hint, or none.

I don't have a dyno on this combination, but it certainly FEELS much faster (I know, I know, there is no way it can be faster, blah, blah) and has raised my fun factor a considerably. The car is just a BLAST!

Concerning loss of bottom-end torque, I don't think there is any. It just FEELS faster everywhere (which is really all I care about.)

I didn't race that Camaro last week with the glass-packs or the GT-R Tuesday night, 'cause I just don't care who is faster down the freeway. I'm pretty sure those drivers were no happier with their rides than me, though!

I have no reservations about the B&B setup that I have now. Call them and let them now what you want and your concerns / sensitivities, and see what they can do.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts