Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this GTG still on? Who has the details? When Where etc???
there's a guy in San Antonio from the Z Club trying to put one of these together every month, any takers?

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Sunday, August 2nd. 10:00 AM until ? Starbucks @ Meyerland Plaza, next to Beck's Prime. Plenty of unused parking that time/day.

I plan to be there, might drag other half out of the house.

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Still on - 10 AM next Sunday, Aug 2nd.

Count is 4 - double from June. These things are slow to get started, especially in the summer.

Location is actually ON Beechnut (south/left side of street as you drive away from Loop 610), not inside the mall area. Google Maps is wrong. If you are coming from the south/east side of town, around Loop 610, you have to exit on the South Loop and curve around. There is no northbound exit to Beechnut - you'd have to go up and circle back.

Unless I find the time this week to wash her, my Croc will be dusty & dirty. I might at least get the brake dust off.

·
Registered
192 Posts
So is this GTG open to owners that do not have Caymans? Had a weak moment over the weekend and now a 2009 911s is sitting in my garage! Want to see how the Porsche Racing Green compares to your Malachite Green Mr. Stephen The Red :)

-Rob

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
So is this GTG open to owners that do not have Caymans? Had a weak moment over the weekend and now a 2009 911s is sitting in my garage! Want to see how the Porsche Racing Green compares to your Malachite Green Mr. Stephen The Red :)

-Rob
We'll let you visit because you ARE driving a Porsche, at least. :hilarious: (Actually, that's what I thought the GTG was about, anyway.)

Yes, want to see it live in person - I agonized over the two greens for a number of weeks! Did you find this one sitting on a lot? Did you get ventilated seats? (Love mine...)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Did you find this one sitting on a lot? Did you get ventilated seats? (Love mine...)
Yup, sitting on a lot. Like the green- had to break my silver streak (last 4 or so cars were some variant of silver), still getting adjusted to the SB interior, however. No ventilated seating :(

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yea I'm definately going! Woot....I look forward to seeing everyone and their mods! Anyone bringing cute girls to pose in front of the cars ? Hheehee

Hehehehheh

Regards all!

·
Registered
341 Posts
My CS is still in the bodyshop waiting for parts, thanks to a lady in a minivan that backed into my back bumper a couple of Sundays ago. It should be out by now, except the shop keeps getting the wrong parts sent to them. Oh well, ya'll have fun. Maybe next time......

·
Registered
192 Posts
Is this forum mainly for Caymans?
When you say *forum* do you mean the planet-9.com site or this little GTG on Sunday? Either way the answer is no.

For the GTG, seems they will tolerate us lowly 911 owners.

-Rob

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ok. Just wondered since most people were driving Caymans and this "No of posts-subtitle" thing uses Cayman activist, crawler ..

·
Registered
192 Posts
This site started as Cayman Club and morphed recently to cover the entire Porsche line and got a rename. So yes, a bit heavy on the Cayman, but give it some time.

-Rob

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Car is gonna be a little dirty - drove in the rain Friday & no chance to wash today.

BUT, did replace the amber bulbs in my clear side markers with the Hoen chromiums. Daytime improvement is noticeable (bye-bye egg yolk), and at night the color is a deep amber.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts