Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Yep, I agree. They look fine. No cracking.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, but are the holes going in the right direction on both sides? It seems like they are the exact same rotor mounted on both sides, and the CS has 2 different part numbers for Right vs. Left?

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
AFA wear goes, your's are fine. But I think you are right - the front passenger side is wrong - venting wise. The hole pattern is reversed. So it looks like LF & RF actually are the same part. It probably doesn't matter much for street driving, but on the track, it could affect cooling of the rotors and pads.

·
Registered
319 Posts
The hole pattern is directional so each side. The pattern should slant to the rear. So, you have two of the same rotor.

There are internal cooling vanes on the rotor that would be spinning in the wrong direction on one side. So, for track driving this would pose a problem. For street driving, irrelevent.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK, so for doing track days, I should go ahead and get all 4 replaced, judging by the shape the rears are in as well?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Not a bad idea.

·
Registered
432 Posts
OK, so for doing track days, I should go ahead and get all 4 replaced, judging by the shape the rears are in as well?
I'd start with just the fronts. Milk those depreciables as long as you can. If you are just starting out with track driving the brakes will be fine for several events after you correct the venting direction.

·
Registered
666 Posts
As stated above clean out the holes. A T-handle allen key works well for this, but a small screwdriver will work as well. I cannot see the vents clearly in the picture. You need to turn the wheel facing outward and take a picture straight on to see the vents. I don't see any cracks to be concerned about.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts