Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ladies & Gents, Boys & Girls, Just how good looking is your Cayman?

I keep finding myself catching mine at new angles, finding new curves, shadows and shiny bits! It seems simple to me, they just get better looking each day-fact.

I know a lot of you like to add some amazing extras, and respect, you have some awesome beasts.

Me, all I've decided to add at the moment is simply silver coloured porsche crested tyre valves and a porsche aluminium fuel cap (I know its there!) I'm contemplating a sports exhaust but I like the shape of the, almost integral, pipes it comes with.

Enjoy.:cheers:

Cayman S
GT Silver
19" Carrera Wheels
BOSE
PASM
Leather
Rear Wiper!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Depends on the angle.

To my eye, the 3/4 rear and side angles are stunning, rear is so-so and 3/4 front and front not so flattering.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I really love it from every angle. I love the way they blended the Porsche front end with that hatchback, and finally the rear haunches.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I've always been a butt man. Here's one more reason why:

·
Registered
235 Posts
In addition to not driving my CS for the winter it's also a little disappointing to walk into my garage and instead of seeing a beautiful, curvaceous blue vision; I look at a grey fabric cover hiding the shape.
When I went looking for a Cayman I was hoping for a silver, grey or white car until I stumbled onto a Cobalt Blue car in the flesh and was stunned by the way the color showed off the shape. It took me a week of looking at the picture I took and hearing my wife repeatadly say, "Buy the blue one!" that I finally gave in. And with no regrets and lots of compliments from friends and strangers.
I love my car from every angle--but those hips are captivating and I love the way the roofline dives down between them ending at the spoiler.
Lovely, lovely. I think I'll go take of the cover and stare at it for a while.
BW

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
It's so dirty right now, it's hard to look really good from any angle.

·
Super Moderator
6,027 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
The beauty of a Cayman is not on it's outside.....this angle, that angle, front quarter, rear quarter......pretty much sounds Corvetter to me.
The real beauty is looking at the mechanicals and suspension. The Cayman as most every Porsche is a road car and meant to be driven, not to be a garage queen, or never driven in the elements. It has a heritage behind it of not really trying or being a "beauty queen". In fact, many observers think it's a bit "butt ugly" but everyone has their own opinion. As far as outside beauty, i'll leave that to other manufactured vehicles. My old Porsche was never taken to a car show or anything like that. Yes, I made sure it had a good coat of wax and was cleaned underneath to get corrorsive gunk off of it, but it's beauty came out when it was on the road preferably two lane with a lot of twisties. And, I sure didn't grit my teeth or have a body shop on my speed dial when it got it's first, second, or third or more rock chip. As far as outside beauty goes.....i'm a leg man, preferably long ones. :) Never really cared for women or cars with those big "bumperettes" if ya know what I mean. Of course, everyone has and is entitled to their own point of view. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
very sexy.She is not overstated.Not intimidating,Approachable,yet not one that is easly had.:burnout::burnout:

·
Registered
434 Posts
I suppose that would depend on the woman, wouldn't it? :)
Yes it would. Our women are not what they were 20 years ago but still not bad...;)

The beauty of a Cayman is not on it's outside.....this angle, that angle, front quarter, rear quarter......pretty much sounds Corvetter to me.
The real beauty is looking at the mechanicals and suspension. The Cayman as most every Porsche is a road car and meant to be driven, not to be a garage queen, or never driven in the elements. It has a heritage behind it of not really trying or being a "beauty queen". In fact, many observers think it's a bit "butt ugly" but everyone has their own opinion. As far as outside beauty, i'll leave that to other manufactured vehicles. My old Porsche was never taken to a car show or anything like that. Yes, I made sure it had a good coat of wax and was cleaned underneath to get corrorsive gunk off of it, but it's beauty came out when it was on the road preferably two lane with a lot of twisties. And, I sure didn't grit my teeth or have a body shop on my speed dial when it got it's first, second, or third or more rock chip. As far as outside beauty goes.....i'm a leg man, preferably long ones. :) Never really cared for women or cars with those big "bumperettes" if ya know what I mean. Of course, everyone has and is entitled to their own point of view. :cheers:
I agree 100% they are just cars. Notice that lot is salt covered and there is snow in the background. I love driving this car. :burnout:

·
Captain Cautious
124 Posts
1 - 20 of 48 Posts