Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Having seen the great thread of Boxster photos I'm inspired to explore where we all get the pet names for our cars.

How did "Bigcar" get his name.... well, I happily ignored my wife's insane assertion that a Boxster was too small for golf clubs and her multiple requests to check that my golf clubs fit in the boot (trunk for those who speak American) before buying my pride and joy.

After purchase I soon realised that getting the clubs in the car was a) possible but b) likely to scratch a lot of paintwork.

As a result my golf clubs now live in a locker at the golf course and my wife proudly christened my 2006 Boxster S.... BIGCAR

·
Caymaniac
5,658 Posts
If I were to name my car that way, it would be called...

Doyoureallyneedthatcar?

·
Registered
155 Posts
How did "Bigcar" get his name.... well, I happily ignored my wife's insane assertion that a Boxster was too small for golf clubs and her multiple requests to check that my golf clubs fit in the boot (trunk for those who speak American) before buying my pride and joy.

After purchase I soon realised that getting the clubs in the car was a) possible but b) likely to scratch a lot of paintwork.

As a result my golf clubs now live in a locker at the golf course and my wife proudly christened my 2006 Boxster S.... BIGCAR
How to carry golf clubs in a Boxster? Place them carefully in the passenger seat and let the wife drive herself! :hilarious: I wonder what name she would come up with for your car then? :eek:

·
Registered
882 Posts
I think tthe name we give a car grows on us over time. Like the nickname we give to our significant other. For me the name "the Black Pearl" has emerged. So it is now "the Black Pearl." Ed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts