Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
I bought my Base '13 w 43K miles two/three years ago. I'm over 55k now. No major issue here, I treat it as my fun daily. Door panel detaching issue on the driver door, but tolerable. I've had stuff like having to replace the undercarriage due to road debris, and occasional sticky button or squeek at some temperatures, but I'll take that over any real issue! From my POV it's behaving flawlessly in an era that really should give us trouble free cars until at least 90k!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Nice to read about very high mileage 981s, congrats. I'm around 60k miles, and it's been pretty solid. Still haven't had those minor issues come up yet.
😂
I’m about to roll 131,000 on my 14 CS. I bought it in ‘16 with 30K on the clock. This car has been awesome, and obviously, a daily driver, in all New England weather. I’ve had the door panels replaced (warranty), and the windshield washer hose break (warranty), the HVAC blower replaced (warranty) (maybe it was a fuse or a relay? I forget).
I've done all the maintenance myself, minus the installation of the X73 retrofit that I had done. I also added the PSE pretty early on, and the GT4 rear diffuser. A lot of CF interior and exterior over the years, as well as Alcantara. Just DIY’d the PDK fluid and filter at 120, spark plugs every 40K, Drive belt every 60, air filters every 20, oil every 10, etc. Replaced the battery a few months ago pre-emptively. Gone through several windshields. Had a cv boot come loose; Repacked the grease and put a new clamp. Had a window switch pop off and they replaced it while it was still under 100K CPO warranty.
It’s never left me stranded, and never failed to make me smile! I test drove the Base a few times to see if I could be happy with it, but it was just too slow! I couldn’t do it! Still sounded good, looked good and handled great, but man, nothing happened when I put the loud pedal down! S for me.
I’m hoping to keep the car forever, whatever it takes. So we’ll see 🤷🏻‍♂️
Moral of the story, I wouldn’t think twice about getting a “higher mileage” car. PPI and service records are always a good idea, but I personally wouldn’t spend the money on an extended warranty, unless you’re takin a big loan and would be upside down on the car if something happened. On top of that, based on my own experience, they’re not the ticking time bomb that something like a used McLaren might be.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I bought a 2014 Cayman S with 49K miles last year from Carmax for $43k. Now I have 55k miles. I love carmax warranty because they give you 7 day free return. I actually returned a car to them before and it was super easy. They also give u a 30 day bumper to bumper. During this time, my stereo amp went out. Carmax replaced it for free. But it cost them $2k according to the receipt from the local Porsche dealer. That's right, they took it took it to Porsche to get fixed. Other then that stereo amp issue, the car has been amazing. I drove the hell out of the car for those 30 days. I never tracked it, but every day I went to work, I drove like I was at the track. Really, I attempted tomoush the car to it's limits to see what could be repaired under the 30 day warranty.

I did a lot of research before buying. When I say a lot, I mean literally an entire year. This car has very few long term reliability issues and will hold its value well. For those reasons I did not get an extended warranty (but honestly, I never do). Just buy it and don't look back.;)

21 - 23 of 23 Posts