Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I broke a plastic hose that's part of the brake booster system on my Cayman while replacing the clutch, and I received the replacement part today but cannot figure out how to remove the old one. It runs from the front of the left cylinder head over to the left rocker panel where it goes forward to the brake booster. It attaches to another hose a few inches forward of the rear wheel well with a white plastic connector, but I cannot see any way to get the connector to release. I've pushed it, pulled it, twisted it, but nothing gets it to release. The replacement hose has a step about 1" from the end that this connector goes over to lock it in place. Is this like some Ford and Chevy fuel line hoses that require a special tool to release it? :(

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here are pics. First one shows the white plastic connector as it is now installed with the existing pipe. Next two are the new part showing each end. The straight end is the one the white connector goes on and the one I don't know how to remove. The little tiny tube coming off the other end is what I broke. booster hose end.jpg booster hose.jpg booster hose 2.jpg

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry, the pics got reversed. Third one shows the white connector. Other two show each end of the new hose pipe.

·
Registered
479 Posts
It looks like the white connector is in two parts. My guess is that little notch in the white connector will release it somehow while pulling them apart.

Is there one or two of those notches on the white connector ?

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Probably can, but it hasn't been above freezing since Monday morning and I'll wait until tomorrow to go out in the garage and check. I'm hoping this is the case and I can either fashon something to get it to release or find a tool that will work.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Warmed up to 43 now, and I got the hose/pipe out. Turns out there is a black friction lock in the end of the white connector. I pried it out about 1/8" and then the pipe twisted right out. Easy once you know how, which is half of what a mechanic charges for.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts