Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Replacing with adjustable camber plates. But I can’t figure out how to remove the OEM camber plates…. Has pasm so it just spins the strut and won’t loose the top nut. Any tips, tricks? Thx!!
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle
Automotive tire Bicycle handlebar Bicycle part Tool Wood

·
Premium Member
981CaymanS
620 Posts
I would suggest holding the big washer with the vise grips and use an open end wrench for the nut..?

·
PCA Nat'l DE Instructor
1,875 Posts
An impact wrench will make quick work of that nut. Be sure to use a spring compressor, before removing the nut.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Reactions: heybluez

·
Registered
34 Posts
+1 on the impact gun - I had this same issue when installing Bilstein damptronics on my PASM-equipped Cayman. You will have to drill an elongated hole in the impact socket that will allow the PASM wire through the slot and then you can begin to loosen the nut. Take it easy with the impact gun, use quick, brief "blips" of power to get the nut loose and not damage the wire.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I used a regular pipe wrench on the washer. For the nut there is a proper socket for it (Schwaben 003046SCH01A-03) but as mentioned you can modify a socket or just use an open wrench if you're not fussed about torqueing to spec.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts