Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello "Porschaddicts",

I recently took the car to the dealer to program an extra key, at that time I asked them about the Service in 30 days light in my dash.
They told me it was basically: oil change, filters, sparks, wipers and other small inspections. I declined all of the services because I love working on my cars. Little things like: brakes, oil, filters, sparks and other small stuff I do just for the love of it (and to save money). Ayyway my question is, is there a procedure to reset the countdown for the oil? My previous car was a 335i and after every oil change I had to reset the oil counter. Or do I need a type of special mini computer like Durametric to reset it? As always thanks for your help and advice.

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
I have been able to reset the counter with my Durametric Consumer (not Pro). I don't know of how to do it without either Durametric or PIWIS (official Porsche device).
Purchase of Durametric Consumer is well worth it if you plan on staying in the family. I anticipate my new GTS will be my "car number 2"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I've been able reset the service message with the Durametric cable & laptop.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
I have been able to reset the counter with my Durametric Consumer (not Pro). I don't know of how to do it without either Durametric or PIWIS (official Porsche device).
Purchase of Durametric Consumer is well worth it if you plan on staying in the family. I anticipate my new GTS will be my "car number 2"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
A minor correction and clarification for a new P-car owner. There are currently 3 Durametric cable versions:
  • Basic (one VIN use)
  • Enthusiast (3 VIN usage)
  • Pro (unlimited + added programming capability)
Any of these will reset warnings and read/reset faults codes.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
FWIW--- When I bought mine last year there was only a 3 VIN Enthusiast version and an Unlimited Professional version. there are some other differences in capabilities also.Porsche Diagnostic Store | Durametric Software Products for Sale
AFAIK, the Basic version is only available from 3rd party vendors like Softronic. Beware of people trying to sell them as Enthusiast versions on eBay. Look for the name on the label. For example: http://www.ebay.com/itm/11150941370...ewitem=&sspagename=ADME:SS:SS:US:3160&vxp=mtr
Check the 2nd picture where is clearly says "Basic Version".

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
FYI, the Durametric software will not work on a Mac; you'll need to set up a separate Windows VM and load/use the software under Windows. This is the only program I have that has to be used on Windows, so I use the free Bootcamp utility built into the Mac OS, rather than bother with Parallels or similar VM software.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for your responses! So there is no manual procedure to reset it. I'll buy the Durametric 3 car cable just in case I buy a 911 in a future (wishing is free)!!!! THANKS

1 - 8 of 8 Posts