Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drove up behind my 981BS in the garage with headlights on in my other car and noticed that the muffler looked a bit brown :(. I got stuck into them with AutoSol and this thick brown residue started to come off slowly. They are almost back to the way they should be after a 2nd application.

Just wondering how often you guys have to do this or at all? My car is only 6 months since delivery so I'm surprised it could get such a nasty build-up so quick to deter from the nice metal shine.??

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
For the tips I used Borla Chrome cleaner. Just a basic chrome cleaner..in conjunction with some fine bronze wool and cloth. I haven't done the actual exhaust yet tho I noticed the same thing as you the other day. When I had my 2003 boxster stock exhaust removed a long while ago I use borla, the wool and elbow grease and it worked pretty well. Makes me think it would work... not sure if it is the right product for the rest of the exhaust or not tho...

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
I had a load of cosmolene on mine. When I swapped to a carnewal I cleaned the new one with a wire brush and steel wool. It still looks ok except for road grime. This is on an 06CS. In the pic below you can see the mufflers on either side of the Dream 2 tips

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts