Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our order locked two weeks ago, but now I want to track its progress from order to delivery. I see so many people talking about the status codes and what they mean, but where to you find out the status of your particular car?

Thanks in advance

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,105 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
WOW... I have the SAME question... so, thanks for the info... I'll make sure I ask my sales consultant for those periodic screen shots..

AND... I totally enjoyed your video... very professionally done !!

D

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Pasting in some additional links for you to pass the time that I posted when I left the waiter's club... Once you're scheduled on a ship the fun begins.

The PWL Group
Here is where I started. Select the Trade Lane (I chose West-East Coast USA) and the Carrier (Volkswagen Logistics Ro/Ro) to download the schedule for the ships.

Live Ships Map - AIS - Vessel Traffic and Positions - AIS Marine Traffic
With the above schedule and the port entry and expected exit dates, I narrowed the possibilities down to one of two ships. I entered them into my fleet. When the ship was near land I could track its position (English Channel, Caribbean, Panama Canal, Pacific Ocean). MarineTraffic would also send email alerts when the ship was entering / exiting ports.

Multimedia - PanCanal.com
When I was alerted by MarineTraffic, I was able to watch my ship travel through the locks of the Panama canal. Coming into the Gatun Locks, passing under the Centennial Bridge and then exiting via the Miraflores Locks.

San Diego Marine Information Systems - Maritime Information - Vessel Schedule
My car was coming in via the Port of San Diego. The ship schedules are posted here and updated regularly.

Port of Houston Authority - Expected Arrivals
For those coming into Houston, this is your port's schedule for arrivals.

Enjoy.​

Reactions: drPhilGandini

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
I've lost all my boats!!! :(

Note that I've found Vessel Finder: ( VesselFinder : Free AIS Ship Tracking of Marine Traffic ) is finding my boats a little better after they're out of range of Marine Trafffic: ( Live Ships Map - AIS - Vessel Traffic and Positions - AIS Marine Traffic ) though right now both the ones I'm trying to track are pretty spotty. One seems to have headed off in the wrong direction in the North Sea and the other seems to be just chillin' off Halifax with no updates (and missing entirely from Marine Traffic.

This is all for the Waiter's Club though. For the purposes of this thread, just know that this obsession can make you lose your mind... but it IS some good fun while waiting. :D

·
Registered
371 Posts

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Ah. Cool stuff. I guess that makes sense then. :) I just thought it was weird that it was pointed north and then went "out of range".

To be fair... I still don't know which ship is "my ship". :D I emailed my SA yesterday and got an auto-reply saying he'll be back Thursday. Then he replied anyway last night saying he'll have someone else get me an update. I replied today telling him to just ignore me until Thursday or Friday and enjoy his time out of the office. Have I mentioned that my SA is awesome? :D

Some people have mentioned that they didn't get any updates about the boat until the car landed and was suddenly on North American soil. I'm hoping I'm one of those. :D

·
Registered
371 Posts
The ship tracking was fun, you have a schedule and can follow bits of the route.

it is the next step after that is crazy making, trying to figure when the car will pass customs, PDI and finally get a truck.

My car is is some limbo between Davisville RI and the midwest. The ship docked and unloaded Oct 19,

I got a few pieces of vague info from Porsche North America ,PCNA but no firm dates for arrival.
I think PCNA have not contracted for quite enough trucks, or there are other complications that I'm not aware of.

I was hoping to have it this weekend for trip I'm taking east. (oh well the Audi will work just fine)

Its been 57 days since I dropped the car off.

Reactions: Wild Weasel

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Not to make you too nervous but when I had a long delay in when my Cayman R arrived in port, it was because it had been damaged. It had the Maroney step created and it listed as ready for transport and then the delay started. After more than two weeks and a lot of pressure by me, I learned that it had been hit in the loading process to the tune of (later got the exact estimate) $6,000. I refused delivery because it was a whole new driver's door and left front fender. I was offered an extended warranty as offset but for me, I was paying too much money for a car that had been damaged and likely would have a different paint match (Dark Metallic Blue) as the paint aged. More than likely this is not the case for you but just truck shortages as you mentioned. But, I offer just in case you want to press the issue with your dealer further. To be clear, as I have later learned, cars do get dinged in transit and in port handling at times but typically, it is minor and pretty much undetectable. I learned this from another dealer where I eventually bought the Cayman R I did end up getting.

The ship tracking was fun, you have a schedule and can follow bits of the route.

it is the next step after that is crazy making, trying to figure when the car will pass customs, PDI and finally get a truck.

My car is is some limbo between Davisville RI and the midwest. The ship docked and unloaded Oct 19,

I got a few pieces of vague info from Porsche North America ,PCNA but no firm dates for arrival.
I think PCNA have not contracted for quite enough trucks, or there are other complications that I'm not aware of.

I was hoping to have it this weekend for trip I'm taking east. (oh well the Audi will work just fine)

Its been 57 days since I dropped the car off.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
So how did you actually find out it was damaged? Where did that get recorded?

·
Registered
70 Posts
My SA has been passing the production info to me - has been great. He gave me the vessel name (Camillia Ace) so I have been tracking. It left emden last week and was supposed to arrive in davisville yesterday (it's now listed as a day late). Right now it's somewhere in the Atlantic, last position was near the Azores on Nov 12, much further south than I would have thought. I have been using vessel finder as well as www.fleetmon.com. If you sign up for fleet mon they give you 5mins of free sat tracking per day.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
I've lost all my boats!!! :(

Note that I've found Vessel Finder: ( VesselFinder : Free AIS Ship Tracking of Marine Traffic ) is finding my boats a little better after they're out of range of Marine Trafffic: ( Live Ships Map - AIS - Vessel Traffic and Positions - AIS Marine Traffic ) though right now both the ones I'm trying to track are pretty spotty. One seems to have headed off in the wrong direction in the North Sea and the other seems to be just chillin' off Halifax with no updates (and missing entirely from Marine Traffic.

This is all for the Waiter's Club though. For the purposes of this thread, just know that this obsession can make you lose your mind... but it IS some good fun while waiting. :D
Oh boy!! Here we go again!!! :D

(Just ignore me as I revisit my previous neuroses... )

1 - 12 of 12 Posts