Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've had an unreal March weather wise in Canada! What do you guy's recommend for unwinterizing my porsche? Thanks!:cheers:

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
Reverse directions, aka mapquest. LOL ;)

Haven't pulled mine out of it's cave yet but depending on what you did it should be simple.

Mine is good to go, remove car cover, already clean, oil changed last year just prior to parking it, batt tender still on, topped up coolant couple weeks back, just unplug tender and deflate tires to 32fr 37rear.

I put Sta-bil in my fuel tank so I'm going to run the tank almost MT B4 filling it again with premium at Sunoco.

But other than those simple tasks, going to drive as normal, I always go easy until temp is up anyway and maybe just listen to see if it picked up any noise/rattles from being stored, which I doubt.

Almost put insurance back on yesterday but gonna hold off nother 7-10 days, can't wait. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
+1 for Shakeypics suggestion, both of mine sit for 6 months every year and I've never had any issues with starting up in the spring.:drivingskid:

·
Registered
283 Posts
In Toronto, my spring came early on Sunday.
Frost on the windshield this morning made me sit longer in the Croc to warm up.

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
Was very, very tempted also but got busy on the w/e then worked Mon/Tues (12hrs) and looked at temps thru the week and decided to hold off, got a big job at my mother's and it wouldn't be out anyway. Tires don't bite as well when it's cold either, but I aint waitng till July!! :eek:

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
I've been using Stabil for quite a few years now and have noticed no drivability issues with it in the tank. Can't tell it's there. I wouldn't worry about running down to empty before filling. This time of year with the temperature all over the place I prefer keeping the tank full to minimize potential condensation.

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
I've been using Stabil for quite a few years now and have noticed no drivability issues with it in the tank. Can't tell it's there. I wouldn't worry about running down to empty before filling. This time of year with the temperature all over the place I prefer keeping the tank full to minimize potential condensation.
Makes sense.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I take the winter tires off, install summer tires. Then I take out rubber floor mats, and replace with carpeted ones.

·
Registered
352 Posts
same for me followed by the full Griot's detail.

Never did seem to drive the car in the snow this winter......

I take the winter tires off, install summer tires. Then I take out rubber floor mats, and replace with carpeted ones.

·
Registered
10 Posts
To store your Porsche for Canadian winters:
- change oil and top fluids
- clean and detail inside and out
- fill fuel tank and add fuel stab.
- tire pressure to 55 psi on all four
- put in neutral, chock wheels, no parking brake
- plug Porsche battery charger and maintainer
- cover with car cover
- do NOT start up or roll until spring