Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just did a month in Europe, to include European Delivery of Mrs. X73's new BMW, and it was great.

For those who have done both, how does Porsche's program compare?

I've already done a modicum of research, so I understand that I don't get a discount, I've got to put up a $10,000 refundable deposit against the 19% VAT of the car, and the hotel/cab/restaurant/museum vouchers provided by Porsche.

Reactions: bruinfn4lf

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've asked a Porsche sales guy:
- no discount on the car
- only 1 night of hotel included
- we even have to buy our own flight ticket
so, it's very stingy compare to the BMW program

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,088 Posts
I haven't done both (only Porsche ED) but I researched both just out of curiosity. BMW's is a MUCH better deal.....uh....if you like BMWs.

Reactions: Mike R.

·
Registered
258 Posts
For those who have done both, how does Porsche's program compare?

......I've got to put up a $10,000 refundable deposit against the 19% VAT of the car,.......
We did not have to put up the deposit. The dealer (or Porsche ??) put it up. I think this is now standard.
They are stingy compared to BMW/MB, but once you arrive it is first class and treated very well.

Reactions: Mike R.

·
Registered
370 Posts
We did not have to put up the deposit. The dealer (or Porsche ??) put it up. I think this is now standard.
They are stingy compared to BMW/MB, but once you arrive it is first class and treated very well.
I must be at the dealer discretion. I had to put up the 12K deposit. This does seem a bit much, you don't get the deposit back until the car makes it to the dealer.

The 3k that the ED program costs was money well spent. Porsche makes it a very personal experience, there were only 3 couples picking up cars when I did. Myself, with a Cayman 981, another guy getting a 911S and a couple getting a look at their 918. Porsche is does not seem want too many people doing this, maybe thats why they set the price at 3k.

·
PCA Member and Fully Matured Mod
3,263 Posts
In addition to what has been said above: If you take delivery in Leipzig, you get an hour on the track or offroad course. I doubt BMW offers that.

And in the end, what would you rather drive in an area like this?

A BMW or a Porsche?

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I must be at the dealer discretion. I had to put up the 12K deposit. This does seem a bit much, you don't get the deposit back until the car makes it to the dealer.

The 3k that the ED program costs was money well spent. Porsche makes it a very personal experience, there were only 3 couples picking up cars when I did. Myself, with a Cayman 981, another guy getting a 911S and a couple getting a look at their 918. Porsche is does not seem want too many people doing this, maybe thats why they set the price at 3k.
European Delivery is shown as a no-cost option on Porsche's website.

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,088 Posts

Not quite. It's $3,000 bucks that your dealer has to pay. Do you think you will get the same discount with a ED and you would with a non ED? No way. Even if you negotatie first and then say ED, ....good luck with that.

I was upfront with my dealer on an ED $82k build car. I got 5% off MSRP, the ED and no deposit or VAT paid in advance. Nothing down at all. Equates to about 8.3% discount that the dealer took on the car with the requirement for them to pay the $3,000.

I also agree, I was treated very well there with Porsche....and I don't care for BMWs anyway so they would have had to pay me to take their ED trip. :)

·
Registered
229 Posts
I've asked a Porsche sales guy:
- no discount on the car
- only 1 night of hotel included
- we even have to buy our own flight ticket
so, it's very stingy compare to the BMW program
I haven't done ED from BMW. But I believe BMW doesn't offer free hotel stay, flight ticket or taxi voucher to BMW Welt.

·
Registered
229 Posts
In addition to what has been said above: If you take delivery in Leipzig, you get an hour on the track or offroad course. I doubt BMW offers that.
Taking delivery in Leipzg is basically getting to enjoy the program " Discover Porsche in Leipzig " for free. Over $700 Euro in value you don't get from a BMW ED program. Mike R gave me some insight of the program and I am so thankful and so glad I did it.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I haven't done ED from BMW. But I believe BMW doesn't offer free hotel stay, flight ticket or taxi voucher to BMW Welt.
Flight ticket?

·
PCA Member and DE Instructor
3,078 Posts

And in the end, what would you rather drive in an area like this?

A BMW or a Porsche?
I want to see your car on that before I believe your hype. :taunt:

Did you search and read how the program works and how stealers interpret it? :(

·
3,263 Posts
I want to see your car on that before I believe your hype. :taunt:
This is my car :taunt:

Did you search and read how the program works and how stealers interpret it? :(
subshooter said:
Not quite. It's $3,000 bucks that your dealer has to pay. Do you think you will get the same discount with a ED and you would with a non ED? No way. Even if you negotatie first and then say ED, ....good luck with that.

I was upfront with my dealer on an ED $82k build car. I got 5% off MSRP, the ED and no deposit or VAT paid in advance. Nothing down at all. Equates to about 8.3% discount that the dealer took on the car with the requirement for them to pay the $3,000.
Actually the dealers get an additional order slot that they can use to sell more Macans :). But of course they will still use the $3000 as the excuse to make more money...

Taking delivery in Leipzg is basically getting to enjoy the program " Discover Porsche in Leipzig " for free. Over $700 Euro in value you don't get from a BMW ED program. Mike R gave me some insight of the program and I am so thankful and so glad I did it.
Indeed :cheers:. I am already thinking if I should get a GT4 and do Leipzig again :hilarious:

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
We did EU del on. BMW 550i in Aug 2010 - great experience but no hotel or local travel voucher. They deliver hundreds of cars *per week*! Financials were 7% on base car price only, negotiate from there on total net. It was special but not personal.

We had a B-GTS with June delivery in Zuffhausen set at a 3% discount with high Mannheim on our 2013 BS in trade (100K build). Clearly a more personal experoence. Included hotel and ground transport.

MB is 7% off MSRP on everything and negotiate from there. Two nights hotel if I remember correctly plus ground transport.

If you want free airfare buy a Vovlvo. Oops - did I print that?

·
3,263 Posts
We did EU del on. BMW 550i in Aug 2010 - great experience but no hotel or local travel voucher. They deliver hundreds of cars *per week*! Financials were 7% on base car price only, negotiate from there on total net. It was special but not personal.

We had a B-GTS with June delivery in Zuffhausen set at a 3% discount with high Mannheim on our 2013 BS in trade (100K build). Clearly a more personal experoence. Included hotel and ground transport.

MB is 7% off MSRP on everything and negotiate from there. Two nights hotel if I remember correctly plus ground transport.

If you want free airfare buy a Vovlvo. Oops - did I print that?
You can get some discount on airfare with Porsche, but nowadays you normally find cheaper flights online.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts