Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was comparing my 2007 Cayman with a buddies 2006 Cayman S. My car seems to be 1.25" lower than his measuring to the bottom edge of the fender vertically at the wheel center. But I can't figure out why. I've checked the shocks and springs (Blue/Yellow) and everything looks stock. I'm not likely to change it, but I am curious.:confused:

Any ideas on what else to check?

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Blue shocks probably means you are running bilstein dampers. Blue springs certainly aren't stock a stock setup ;)

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Gravity partially lowers my suspension, Eibach took care of the rest. Does not sound like stock at all, Bilsteins sound right. Springs and shocks are black on stock suspension.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Blue/Yellow I referred to is painted on the black spring. This matches what the dealer tells me is correct for my car. The shocks are also black.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
47 Posts
Same tire and wheel size? A good equivalency check would be to measure the distance from the ground to the center of hub.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Same tire and wheel size? A good equivalency check would be to measure the distance from the ground to the center of hub.
I'm not sure what he has for wheels (I assume 18"), and I'm running 17". The centre of my wheel is 12.25" from the garage floor. My front tires are correct for the car. The rears are wider (255 vs 235) but the circumference should be correct.

Perhaps I'm looking at this wrong. Maybe his car is high, instead of mine being low. Measuring from the floor, to the bottom edge of the fender, through the centre of the wheel, my fenders are 26.5" front and 27.5" rear. What do yours measure?

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hmm. I double checked, and the sport suspension was not ordered on the car, and would not have the blue/yellow marking on the spring either.

The mystery continues.

Anybody get a chance to measure their fenders?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts