Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was debating a while back on adding the GTS exterior package to my Cayman S. I was too wishy-washy and now my order is locked. It is certainly not a deal breaker, but now I'm thinking about adding it again.... I suppose I waited until the ability of the dealer to add it would make the decision instead of me, lol. But...I was just curious, has anyone had success adding anything to the car once their order has locked, or does locked really mean locked?

I suppose for this particular item there's always the aftermarket offering from Suncoast. I considered it, but it'll cost more and I'll have to find a body shop I trust to paint the thing....

Anyway, just wondering what the success rate (if any) is attempting to change anything after the lock.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Locked is locked. Time is needed by Porsche to ensure all the options you picked are available to build your car. If you really want to change something, you can talk to your dealer to give up your allocation (I believe the car will still be built) and get a new allocation. Depending on your options and relationship with dealer, this may not cost you anything but time.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh well, that's not an option then. I don't own a car right now (I'm borrowing my brother's until he gets back in town in December), so even if the dealer would swap me into a new allocation for free, I'd need to buy another car to hold me over. The wife would KILL me for that, lol.

So...guess it's aftermarket if I want it. I suppose it's for the best, it gives me something to add to the car later if I want it. Maybe a Christmas present next year, lol. Then, if I scratch it up, I'll have the stock stuff to put back on.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Yeah I think, it's impossible to feel 100% certain you got the right configuration, but I think most likely you'll end up being very happy with the car regardless. I was really on the fence between Guards Red and Sapphire Blue, and after ordering I regretted my decision a little, but... now that I have it I love the car and I'm very happy with the red.

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,105 Posts
I got mine unlocked to add sports Chrono package. I had to contact PCNA in Atlanta though. They contacted the factory directly to add the sports chrono.

There is a caveat though. This was a European delivery and PCNA was really bending over backwards to make my experience exceptional, which it was. Great customer service from my experience.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got mine unlocked to add sports Chrono package. I had to contact PCNA in Atlanta though. They contacted the factory directly to add the sports chrono.

There is a caveat though. This was a European delivery and PCNA was really bending over backwards to make my experience exceptional, which it was. Great customer service from my experience.
I really wanted to do euro-delivery, but the weather out there isn't really conducive to my enjoying the trip this time of year. Maybe next time. I don't know that they'll do that for me...probably not worth their bother. Oh well, my penance for dilly-dallying.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I forgot to select red belts on my GT3 order. When I called the order had locked the day before. Couldn't do it. A bit of good news though in that the build got moved up in the system so I'll get it before year's end.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I forgot to select red belts on my GT3 order. When I called the order had locked the day before. Couldn't do it. A bit of good news though in that the build got moved up in the system so I'll get it before year's end.
Luckily red seat belts is something that can be installd later

1 - 8 of 8 Posts