Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Noob
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been 6 months now, no welcome package/letter/certificate of authenticity from PCNA.
Nor did I get a post-sale dealer survey. One way a dealer could keep their ratings high is by not having members get a survey.
How does one go about getting the CA? Thanks

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
That seems like an awful long time. Have you been in touch with your SA? Mine took a couple months and I kept letting my SA know I hadn't got it yet. PCNA had sent me some silly card thing in the mail to give them permission to email me. I was supposed to fill it out and drop it in the mail but I didn't because I didn't like the whole format. They didn't provide an envelope or anything. Just write my info on the card and put it in the mail.

I didn't do it. I wonder if that's why it took so long. Eventually I got the paper survey in the mail along with a code and instructions on how to fill it out online, which I did.

I still haven't received any welcome package or any such thing from Porsche. I've been getting their magazine though, so they definitely know I'm out here. :D

·
Registered
126 Posts
I picked up my car in late August and haven't received anything. I don't plan on pursuing it.

·
Registered
645 Posts
I was actually wondering what kind of schwag Porsche will send me... What have others gotten for purchasing a 981?

BMW sent me the 'Year One of the 1' book (with a CoA inside with VIN of my car), a pencil sketch of the car (which I framed, it's really nice), and two pens for my 135i. Actually, quite a lot of stuff...

and VW sent me a poster (which I framed too) and a pen when I bought my R32.

So what should I expect from Porsche?

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Each of mine (3) have taken anywhere from 3-6 months, so long I'm always surprised "oh yeah, cool I guess".

An aside, they spelled name wrong on the first. I kept it so I can laugh at them once in awhile. :hilarious:

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
What makes you think you automatically get a CoA? Someone has to pay for it. The dealership can gift it to you or not.

You can buy one Certificate of Authenticity - Owner Services - Porsche Service - Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG
Yeah... I know those need to be paid for and I'm not expecting one. People have talked about receiving a sort of welcome package though. If one shows up, great. I love getting fun surprises in the mail. Sure beats the bills that normally show up there. :D

Wait... You are in the great white north? True?

Its in the mail ;)
I am... and I have no idea how to interpret this comment. I'm fairly certain it's not entirely sincere... :D

Reactions: chows4us

·
Super Moderator
13,942 Posts
. If one shows up, great. I love getting fun surprises in the mail.
I don't know what they do for CA but its PCNA so it should be the same. Mine took about 5 weeks. Its just a bunch of booklets. Nothing to write home about. COA takes longer, maybe 2 months but your dealer needs to have bought it for you. Some do, some don't.

·
Premium Member
5,866 Posts
Over the years I have had four new Porsches. I don't recall ever getting anything from Porsche NA. I have gotten some goodies from the dealership.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Each of mine (3) have taken anywhere from 3-6 months, so long I'm always surprised "oh yeah, cool I guess".

An aside, they spelled name wrong on the first. I kept it so I can laugh at them once in awhile. :hilarious:
Yeah, they spelled my name incorrectly as well - possibly some dyslexia at South Centre Fine Cars?

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Yeah, they spelled my name incorrectly as well - possibly some dyslexia at South Centre Fine Cars?
One of the aluminum "tombstones" we received was damaged (it also took about 3 or 4 months to arrive). Called the dealer...they gave me a Porsche Canada number...who gave me a PCNA contact in Atlanta. Person in Atlanta said all the "goodies" come from there, but they work off sales info provided by Porsche Canada. Replacement came via courier in a couple of days.

I also have a tombstone with my name on it for a car I never owned (2014 Boxster S that I ordered and didn't take delivery of becuse of the color). Gave the COA back to the dealer to give to the actual owner, but didn't think he'd want the tombstone with my name on it LOL.

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Been 6 months now, no welcome package/letter/certificate of authenticity from PCNA.
Nor did I get a post-sale dealer survey. One way a dealer could keep their ratings high is by not having members get a survey.
How does one go about getting the CA? Thanks
I'm fixin to pick up my GTS in about 3-4 weeks and I will formally request a COA. I'm buying from the same dealer that I bought my '07 from and got the COA in the mail in a few months -- without asking.

I see you're in the Bay Area --- would you mind disclosing who you bought your car from ? PM if you don't want to put in the open..
Thanks. D

·
Registered
205 Posts
Today I received a welcome package from PCNA, approximately six weeks after taking delivery of my CGTS. Enclosed is: 1) a nice form letter of thank you/welcome, 2) a plastic card with my name, model name and vin # on one side and various contact #'s for Porsche and my dealer on the other, 3) a booklet entitled "The world of Porsche is yours.", a hard cover book entitled "The Porsche Principle", and lastly a fairly nice pen with "Cayman" inscribed on the cap.

I appreciate the thought. All in all, a nice touch.:kiss:

Reactions: Rafiki

·
Registered
151 Posts
Today I received a welcome package from PCNA, approximately six weeks after taking delivery of my CGTS. Enclosed is: 1) a nice form letter of thank you/welcome, 2) a plastic card with my name, model name and vin # on one side and various contact #'s for Porsche and my dealer on the other, 3) a booklet entitled "The world of Porsche is yours.", a hard cover book entitled "The Porsche Principle", and lastly a fairly nice pen with "Cayman" inscribed on the cap.

I appreciate the thought. All in all, a nice touch.:kiss:
I got the same stuff right around 60 days after delivery.

My dealer also paid for my CoA, which surprisingly is correct (note that destination charge isn't included on it).

I wasn't expecting either since I got 6% off a custom build CGTS, which at the time was my idea of a good gift to get.

20150222_105859.jpg

Reactions: Rafiki and DBJH

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Enclosed is: 1) a nice form letter of thank you/welcome, 2) a plastic card with my name, model name and vin # on one side and various contact #'s for Porsche and my dealer on the other, 3) a booklet entitled "The world of Porsche is yours.", a hard cover book entitled "The Porsche Principle", and lastly a fairly nice pen with "Cayman" inscribed on the cap.
[Charlie Brown] "I got a rock." [/Charlie Brown]
I'll go look but the box I got had the marketing booklet, no pen. That's it, after six months ownership.

From now on I'll refer to this as "Base Model Syndrome" :p

Reactions: Lime-Gold

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
lol

I oft wonder if they read these forums.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
and lastly a fairly nice pen with "Cayman" inscribed on the cap.
If you weren't already aware, note that there's a specific pen holder in the glove box. If one shows up for me, that's exactly where it's going. :D

1 - 20 of 71 Posts