Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Borlafide member of Northeast Group
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the smile to wear off after owning a cayman....seriously I want to know...because for me it's been over a year. I drive it everyday and everyday I turn that key and hear the tone my engine and the borla make as I wake up my neighborhood, it's ear to ear grin - even in the rain and snow. Every time I approach it in a parking lot or get a glimpse at her from a window it brings an inner smile knowing full well what awaits. So I want to know how long will it last?

·
Porsche Prophet
942 Posts
I have my 2008 CS for 146 days (this should give you some insight of how nuts :crazy: I am about mine)...and I still walk away backwards looking at her...and after a specific mod...I focus on that one until I do another...:crazy:

I love this car....:)

·
Registered
945 Posts
One trip to the repair shop out of warranty may do it!!!! I love mine to death and cannot get that silly grin off my face when driving it. LOL's

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have only had mine 3 days. I had to pick it up from a dealer a couple hours away so I got a nice long drive home. Wehn I got home I told my wife it is a good thing the car is so low to the ground so that the other drivers won't notice me all by myself with a stupid grin on my face.

Along with the grin, how many people still make excuses to go into the garage just to see the car?

·
Registered
393 Posts
I have only had mine 3 days. I had to pick it up from a dealer a couple hours away so I got a nice long drive home. Wehn I got home I told my wife it is a good thing the car is so low to the ground so that the other drivers won't notice me all by myself with a stupid grin on my face.

Along with the grin, how many people still make excuses to go into the garage just to see the car?
Why do you think I like to take out the trash? My garbage cans are in the garage!

:)

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've had mine for about 2 months now and I still turn the light on in the garage and take a look at her every night before I go to bed. (may be a little OCD in there too :) )

·
Cayman Register Advocate
7,305 Posts
2 years and for me it's getting worse. I find it helps to have two cars. If I drive my other car a few times, getting into my CS is like the first day all over again. After about a year or 10,000 miles, I felt at one with the car, where I can really drive it like it's an extension of myself. As I track the car, I learn it even more. I am still learning the car and how to get everything out of it.

·
Registered
249 Posts
+1 on having 2 cars.
It is great to have at least 2 very different cars so you can always be reminded about the unique experience each has!

·
Registered
317 Posts
+1 on having 2 cars.
It is great to have at least 2 very different cars so you can always be reminded about the unique experience each has!
Ain't that the truth. My other car is a Ford Ranger pickup. aaaaaack

I feel like I am sitting ten ft high when I first climb into my pickup. I also feel like I am sitting on the road when I strap on the Cayman :crazy:

·
Porsche Prophet
942 Posts
Ain't that the truth. My other car is a Ford Ranger pickup. aaaaaack

I feel like I am sitting ten ft high when I first climb into my pickup. I also feel like I am sitting on the road when I strap on the Cayman :crazy:
I know exactly how you feel...our other car is a Lincoln MKX and it is a very good for going to Home Depot, etc. it is my better half's main ride :kiss:...the difference is astounding...

·
Super Moderator
6,776 Posts
I knew this was the forum for people as crazy as me ;)

Thank God... I'm not alone in this world!

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
"inner smile" comment was right on.

no need for excuses to "just go look at it" in the garage... the car is SWEET... just "man up" and say "I'm checking out my sweet ride... deal w/ it" :lol:

I've got a vanity plate coming that says NISCHE

My "other car" is my '95 Z28 (mostly daughter's now)... anyway, that has awesome power, and is in very good shape, but is a POS compared to the CS.

Yes, maybe an out of warranty visit will do it... I hope not.

·
Registered
672 Posts
13 months and the smile is just as broad for Boxster owners. I leave the garage side door open so I can see it from my deck!
mike

·
Registered
74 Posts
My wife thinks I'm :crazy: but I feel more like:banana:. I've had 4 months and over 7,000 miles(going to buy at end of lease now for sure) gets better everyday!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts