Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My MY2013 991C2S is my daily driver. Averaging only 150 km per week.
Currently sitting at 7500km

Apart from the mysterious issue recently
how long will this car last me and what are the problems expected at different time intervals.
I'm referring to known "recall-like" issues and not wear and tear items of course.

A nice chronology of what to look out for in one thread for this model will be ideal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
13,942 Posts
Apart from the mysterious issue recently
how long will this car last me and what are the problems expected at different time intervals.
I know of no recall issues. Some people report a stumble at 2500. Google it. You will find discussions. No answers. It's not every car and might be PDK related. There is no answer. Might be the O2 sensor. I have no idea.

How long will it last? If maintained properly, maybe longer than most people are willing to keep them?

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
My MY2013 991C2S is my daily driver. Averaging only 150 km per week.
Currently sitting at 7500km
At that rate, 10 years out you'll only have 85,500 km on the car. You'll have done a bunch of minor services at 2-year/20k km intervals, and one major service at 60k km. My 2011 GTS is just going in for its 60k km service, and it looks and drives like a new vehicle. I had a steering rack and a high pressure fuel pump replaced under warranty, and other than that no issues. I expect wear items (tires, brakes, bushings, maybe a clutch) will need replacement between now and 100,000 km, but nothing "recall-like" in nature. After 100k km, it's all a bit of a crap shoot, in my view. However if you pay attention to little things that need attention, and don't skimp on doing preventive things (for example I'm planning on replacing coil packs at my 60k km service just because it's so easy with the plugs out), a 911 can "last" decades.

Reactions: chows4us

·
Registered
32 Posts
If you do maintain it properly ...a lot.
One of my friends has a 1996 , with 180, 000 miles on it and still solid.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts